Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Please help me with this...

I'm 13 years old. I'm so nauseous all the time. There is rarely a moment of my life where I don't feel sick. The second I feel sick I have a panic attack and I wont eat, sometimes for several days just for fear of having a virus. I cant even go to school anymore because of this, im homeschooled now. God please help, I feel sick right now and I don't know what to do. I want to die...

Default Re: Please help me with this...

Poor girl...I know exactly how you feel. I feel nauseated 24/7 and it sucks big time I have to work though so even though I'm nauseated off to work I go and off to church I go (I even sing in the choir, which makes me feel really nauseated because I'm in front of people and nervous I'll get sick there). The fear we have is there and it makes functioning like a normal person very hard. I still try to function like a normal person though. I schedule date nights out and schedule weekends away with friends and vacations. I even took a cruise last year which was way out of an emet's comfort zone. Usually once I'm doing the things normal people would do I feel better and remind myself the odds of me getting sick are slim to none. The weird thing about me is I eat when I feel nauseated and that seems to help at least for the time being. I have gained weight cuz of this and that sucks but I'm not horribly overweight or have a problem like that. You just got to find what works for you as an individual. We could give you suggestions all day and they may or may not work for you even if they work for us. I take deep breaths a lot when I feel sick or I chew gum or eat something small. Right now my stomach hurts and I'm starting to freak out a bit but I'm trying to stay calm and focus on my work. I try to live life to it's fullest and hope for the best...It's hard I won't lie but I hope you do well and overcome this like the rest of us hope to as well. I am very religious and prayer has been my greatest source of comfort. Have a good day!

welcome to the forum.......i'm sure you will find lots of help and comfort here.

have you been to a doctor to make sure that there isn't something physical that is causing the n? or have you been able to talk to anyone about the anxiety you are having? there are lots of different things to try to escape the n and panic. find a good distraction.......if your mind is distracted the scarey thoughts can't get in. learn to do some meditation ......can be anything that causes you to breathe deeply and focus on something besides n.....

i think something important you need to do is to push yourself out of your comfort zone a little each day......you really don't want to be stuck in your home......your sooo young you should be out hanging with your friends. the more steps you take the easier they become.........just go for a short walk or something......visit with a friend.......go to a restaurant.......it may be uncomfortable for a while but chances are you'll get distracted by something and will forget about the emet.

just make sure to see a dr to rule out any real illness.......that should relieve your mind some also. it's not really that easy to catch the sv.....keep your hands clean and out of your mouth

welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up Re: Please help me with this...

Hi Mollie

I'm Myinah and I am 23 now. When I was 13 my phobia and anxiety were so bad I left my school and had to be homeschooled too so I know what a tough time you must be going through at the moment. Well done for coming on to the forums and sharing with us.

When I left school i felt sick all the time and I was so scared I would always be asking my mum to take my temperature and asking her if I looked sick and for a while I stopped eating because I was just too scared. You arent alone in what you are feeling, lots of us here have been through what you're going through and come out the other side.

Your post sounded to me like you're feeling a bit hopeless at the moment and I just wanted to know if you would feel comfortable sharing a little more about yourself. For instance does anyone in your family know about your phobia or do they just think you have a general anxiety? Have you spoken to a doctor or health professional about how you are feeling? There are lots of options for people with anxiety and plenty of help around so some of us might be able to point you towards something helpful.

I know how bad I felt when my anxiety was at its worst 10 years ago, being your age and not having the right support at the time. I didn't think there was anyone else like me in the whole world and I never thought my life would ever be anything like what "normal" looked like. I got so bad with my anxiety I would stay up all night having panic attacks and I refused to leave the house. I was afraid of leaving home, even just walking to the end of my driveway, as well as being s*. I don't know if this is what you feel but I know for me it was hard because I couldn't tell my friends what was going on and I just felt very isolated once I was out of school even though I got bullied a lot there too.

I want to reassure you that things will get better, not right away necessarily and at times you may need to work hard at overcoming things, but you can recover to a point where it isnt controlling your life anymore. I was the most anxious, nervous person in the world back then. My mother would come on the forum and agree too as she was the one person helping me at the time! But today most people would think I was normal. I go out all the time, I have friends and I managed to go to college and have jobs and boyfriends. I never thought I would be able to do any of those things when I was 13. I thought what I felt then was what I would feel forever and I couldnt imagine my life being any other way.

I think it was brave of you to come here and start a thread and want to encourage you that you can get through this. I hope you are feeling a bit better and look forward to getting to know you on the forums. If you ever want to message me on here feel free ok.

oh, that sounds awful! Fortunately I am rarely n. But I think about it all the time. Every day, many many times a day. I HATE this phobia and would do anything to get rid of it. I have bad dreams about it, too. This phobia drives me crazy.

I know exactly what thats like. I have it everyday too. It really isn't fun at all and i hate being an emet especially when i have a panic attack in front of my friends like what happened to day. i wish you luck and i hope everything goes well for you.