Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default One small step but Im kinda proud of myself!!

Last week I went swimming for the first time in 2 years. Whats the big deal I bet you're saying. Well a couple of years ago the pool had to be closed down after dozens of people got a sv* cos the pool hadnt been disinfected properly after an 'incident'. They thought it was either a kid having an accident or someone with a sv* going swimming whilst they were still contagious - either way it caused a major health scare and I hadnt been swimming since. That was until last thursday! My teenage daughter wanted to lose a bit of weight before she goes to spain on holiday later in the year and asked me to go with her. I also could do with losing a few pounds and getting fit and I used to love swimming but the fear was stopping me. But I went and really enjoyed myself - except I got terrible cramp in my calf and was in pain for a couple of days afterwards haha - just goes to show how unfit Ive become. I intend to be a regular at our local pool from now on. I know its just a small step but its given me back a bit of confidence and who knows what else I can achieve if I really want to

Default Re: One small step but Im kinda proud of myself!!

Aw, well done! Thats amazing progress! Congratulations!! Swimming is amazing, and it's great that you're not letting your fear stop you from doing it anymore! Congratulations!

That's great! Swimming is so much fun My husband and I FINALLY went and got town residence cards last summer so we can use the town pool this year!

Sidebar -- but it's actually a kind of funny story. We had to go to town hall to get a marriage license, and after we got it we asked about getting town residence cards while we were there and the guy is like sure, but he needed a second form of ID other than our driver's license and we weren't exactly prepared for that and my husband goes "We have a marriage license!" LOL! The one he just gave us. The town clerk had no sense of humor. He gave us the cards though.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

thats wonderful!! congrats!!!!!

good job.........just keep taking those small steps
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yay! It may sound like a small step, but they add up really quickly. Great for you!

Great job!
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.