Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down I'm Hungry. Again.

I'm sick of playing this game where I sit in my kitchen and open up cupboards and the fridge and freezer and back to the cupboards, and not wanting to eat anything in there. I know if i eat it I will feel sick. My brain won't shut off. I just want to eat something. I'm tired of plain toast. I'm tired of rice. I'm tired of losing this weight. I'm tired of all of this. I'm effing exhausted. I can't wake up tomorrow and know that I have to eat AGAIN. I don't want to eat. I don't want to get sick. I don't want this disease anymore. I can't do it.

Default Re: I'm Hungry. Again.

sorry you're having a hard time...........you need to keep reminding yourself that eating will not make you sick........not eating will make you feel bad and could possibly make you sick.

did you every eat something that made you sick? think of all the times in your life that you've eaten and not been sick..........i'm sure the odds are really low that eating ever made you sick. you really need to force yourself to eat some things that are healthy .......maybe try some veggies or fruit. i'm not a meat eater........not emet based..just don't care for it......so i eat lots of tofu, fish, eggs for protein.......

maybe you could drink those shakes to help get your vitamins.....something like ensure or boost.......

i know it's hard but you've got to conquer this part of the phobia to give you strength to deal with the rest.......

remember that not eating makes you feel bad and then for us emets its all downhill.........stop the cycle.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i too am in the not eating cycle in hospital getting over severe malnourishment and severe dehydration wich called severe metabolic acidosis im thinking of u and here if u want 2 talk xx

I feel worse if I don't eat. While I'm eating I get temporary relief from any nausea I've been feeling it's kinda nice. After I eat sometimes I feel a little off but not nearly as bad as before I ate. Give it a try. Eat something you've been dying to eat...it will feel awesome I promise I love to eat haha...I find it odd that I'm so emetophobic and yet still love to eat.

im actually completely tube fed xxx

Yeah, I go through that phase every now and then too. :/ But you'll only feel worse if you don't eat, and maybe you can ease yourself off of toast and rice by jazzing them up a bit! I know it's extremely hard, but unfortunately I've learned the hard way that this phobia can seriously hurt you if you don't kick it in the butt sometimes.

If you say you have this disease, if you say you are emetophobic then you will be. It's all in the mind, say to yourself, being sick doesnt scare you, you ate stronger than that cause I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit towards how strong you really are (: you have a life to live and all emetophobia does is wastes time... There's not much chance of you getting sick anyway m'dear... So just enjoy yourself... If your hungry, your not sick... Don't worry (: xxx
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Red face Re: I'm Hungry. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by x...RaChE...x View Post
    If you say you have this disease, if you say you are emetophobic then you will be. It's all in the mind, say to yourself, being sick doesnt scare you, you ate stronger than that cause I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit towards how strong you really are (: you have a life to live and all emetophobia does is wastes time... There's not much chance of you getting sick anyway m'dear... So just enjoy yourself... If your hungry, your not sick... Don't worry (: xxx
    Although i do agree to some degree, it is easier said than done. I went through the whole not eating thing when i was 9 due to emetophobia.
    here is a list of other things that are nice to eat and easy on the stomach:
    - crackers with a little bit of cheese
    - Cucumber slices
    - toast with a little bit of butter on it
    - rice crackers
    - rice cakes
    - chicken soup (any soup that is clear, and more like broth)

When you get comfortable with these, try and move onto thin sliced vegetables, and toast with a bit of other spreads on it, a little bit of yoghurt etc.

Also, drink some gatorade, or powerade, to keep you hydrated a bit more nourished and energised.

Goodluck! thinking of you!

Thank you all for your comments and advice. much love to all. xx

yes, try ensure!

The pacing is the worst, when you know you're hungry but you really don't want to eat a thing.
    The thing is, the hungrier you get, the worse you feel. so i find that if i can just find SOMETHING to eat, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as i feel like i can eat it and not feel worse, i'll make sure to eat whatever i can. Even though it feels a lot like i can't eat anything.

Eating properly nourishes your body and makes you (keeps you) healthy. Not eating, starving yourself, makes you sick.

I myself noticed that when I starve myself for fear of vomiting, I feel more nauseous than if I eat. Actually, when I eat well, I feel a whole heck of a lot better.

If your mind will not allow you to eat a whole meal, start by grazing... take bites of foods you otherwise would not eat. Just nibble throughout the day, introduce new foods (healthy foods you avoid) into your body this way. Your mind will soon make the connection that eating "x" will not make you sick, and you'll be able to eat more of it until you can manage a whole healthy meal.

Eating does not make you sick, being sick makes you sick. And starving yourself greatly increases the odds of you catching things things that will make you sick because a malnourished body is a weak body that can't fight off anything, as well as being malnourished makes you sick in and of itself.

Please, slowly challenge your thinking, challenge your eating habits, take ONE bite of something you know you should be eating but are afraid to... do it now. See what happens. I promise you won't get sick. You'll most likely feel anxious, but that's your fear, not the food.

I am in that phase right now. It is terrible. I know the pain you are going through. You are so hungry but when you get the food out to make it, the smell makes you want to v*. I have lost 7 pounds already from not eating and it isn't getting any better. I just ate a banana and some applesauce for lunch to make my stomach stop hurting from hunger pains. I know we can get through this though.
    What I have been trying is taking small bites in a long time frame. (of course under the 2 hour contaminated food time limit) Just see how you do after that first bite. Usually it makes me feel better and I can eat at least half of my meal. Keep holding on, you can do this!

I don`t have a problem with eating things that I prepared myself, but if I get hungry when out & about I worry about buying anything too eat in a shop or cafe, in case it`s past it`s sell-by date, or the person serving is carrying the norovirus. Sometimes I end up almost passing out with hunger because I wait to get home before I eat anything.