Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone! I am a new member as of today. The reason I found this site is because (I live at home I guess that gives hints to my age) my mom started v*ing this morning. And it's just so hard for me to deal with. My mom is sick very frequently, and it never gets easier for me to cope with. Help!

-Jenny

*hug* hey there, welcome to IES! glad u found us, the only thing i can say about ur mum is if that she is ill frrequently and u havent caught it, chances are very low that u will. if u have any q's or need some help ask any one of us - we're all always here if u need us!
    love faith marilyn xxxxEdited by: faith-marilyn
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Being around someone who is getting sick can be very unpleasent. When I was young my mom was v* all the time one day and it scared me so much that I called my dad at work and he came and took her to the hospital. Turns out she had to have her gallbladder removed. I think that was the trigger for the fear. It was horrible. Do you suffer from emetophobia? If your mom is that sick, get her some gravol. She might have the flu, so use Lysol around the house. Tell your mom that seeing and hearing her get sick is very upsetting to you. Tell her that you would like to help her, of course, but you are having difficulty dealing with her getting sick. Open the lines of communication with her so there is an understanding. Share your fear with her amd hopefully you both can find a certain level of comfort. Maybe she can stay in her room with a bowel, and you can just call to her so often to make sure she is okay.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

heya you,

welcome to our family. glad you found us hopefully we can give u a lot of strenght and support.

luckily my family are hardly ever ill, but wen they are, its horrible, i cant stand it. andi put headphones on withj music playing LOUD so that i dont hear it.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HI! you have the cutest nickname Its too bad your mom is sick. I get thefeeling its not a flu and more like an everyday thing that your mom has.

I hope we can answer any questions you have, and I hope you will stick around!

[img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Welcome! I'm Allie... 19 years old, have had this phobia my entire life! Welcome welcome welcome!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome! ugh, that is one of my worst nightmares...basically i would just lysol everything and try to stay away from her. welcome!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

bless ya, that is scary..but atleast you're in the position where your mum can handle herself!
    im 14..im emetophobic too, and you must be feeling v.scared.
    nevertheless,help is at hand..so welcome to ies

Welcome, Jenny, I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. My husband (revealing my age) is sick frequently, too, and it doesn't get any easier for me, either!!

Welcome Jenny, sorry for what you are going through, you will find this site will be very helpful to you.

Hi Jenny! ^-^ Welcome! Sorry that your mom is sick.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Hi Jenny, Welcome to the site. Sorry you're going thru a rough time with your mom sick. I hope you can find some comfort here.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are at home with someone sick...i hate that. I feel bad for freaking out because they are the sick ones, but its our lovely phobia that just makes those times impossiblw without support and thats what we are here for.

If you ever have any questions or concerns please IM me

lb11a AOL messenger

[email protected] MSN messengers

Sorry that you have to deal with that! I know what you are going through! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Welcome aboard!!!! Charlotte