Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Medifast

Default OT: Medifast

Hi all -

I'm starting the Medifast diet tomorrow. I was on a diet of my own for a while of just healthy food and exercise. I lost 9 pounds and have gained a lot of muscle and tone. But now at 145 I am desperate to get back down to my healthy 125. My friend Brooke did Medifast, she was 140 and got down to 115 with it!

Has anyone done it? And if so, what was your experience? I have only heard wonderful things Thanks!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Default Re: OT: Medifast

I haven't done it, but I've looked into it once or twice. It seems like a pretty neat idea, but I'm not a fan of the price, personally If I lived alone, perhaps it would be viable. I also can't fit the time to eat every three hours into my schedule, but that would be nice :P

Let us know how it works for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've heard that it works well but then as soon as you go off of it, you gain all the weight back. Now, I'd still be willing to try it though because if you were very careful about watching the scale after doing the diet, and made sure to keep up on exercise, I don't know why that would be a problem. I've thought about doing it too for just these ten pounds I've gained the last year, what does it involve?
    JANNA

Jandub - You eat 5 of their small meals throughout the day then at night you have your "lean and green" which is just a meat or source of protein with 3 servings of non starchy vegetables. It's quite easy and when you order your food they send you instructions. It's really fool-proof. Now for the people you heard of that gained their weight back that means that they just stopped the program when they reached their goal weight and went back to eating how they did before. You can't do that. In fact once you plan to get off the diet they make you go through a "transition period" where you slowly start to take in more calories and begin exercising a lot.

It's definitely a commitment. But the main question for me is...is it worth it? Absolutely. I've been tiny all my life so hitting 150 pounds for me was like my hell. I can't wait to be 125 again

Also, do not let the prices scare you. I did my budget check and the cost of me shopping twice a month at the grocery store versus the cost of Medifast is much more expensive. I'm saving myself almost $200 with Medifast

i'm doing it right now. just started sunday and have already lost eight pounds and its only thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by girl24 View Post
    i'm doing it right now. just started sunday and have already lost eight pounds and its only thursday.

YAHHH!!! That's SOOO awesome! Are you on Facebook? If so find me and we can keep contact about it! That's amazing! I only need to loose 20 pounds so I think it's going to be a breeze! At least I'm praying so

*UPDATE*

Well today marked my 2 week diet on Medifast. It's really a great program. I've lost 10 pounds so far. I mean honestly you could create this yourself if you didn't want to pay for the food. All it is is a low calorie, low carb, and high protein diet. You eat 5 small, high protein meals through the day and then a dinner of meat and veggies. I already started eating healthy and exercising on my own before I started the program. I lost 6 pounds by doing that. But it took forever so I decided to try Medifast. My friend Brooke did it and went from 140 pounds to 115. She is now only 120. And she got off the program a little over a year ago. So I think if you're a disciplined person who can control themself with food then it's a great program to lead you into a healthy lifestyle.

I'm glad to hear it's doing well for you! Sounds awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, do you work? I can't imagine fitting it in with 8-9 hour shifts. That is my main reason I haven't given a home version of it a shot.

You may find these links helpful!

Hmmm, I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds, I may try this, thank you! Another question, do you feel somewhat satisfied with your meals? Also, are they good?
    JANNA

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I'm glad to hear it's doing well for you! Sounds awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, do you work? I can't imagine fitting it in with 8-9 hour shifts. That is my main reason I haven't given a home version of it a shot.
    No, I am not currently working at the moment. I am a full time student though. Honestly, I think this program would be much easier if I were working. It would take my mind off food because I'd be busier. Plus, this program is actually designed for "on the go" type people. They have specific food for just taking with you. And then other food you make, like in the microwave or a blender.

I eat every two hours with mine since if I don't my blood sugar drops too low. And then I add an additional snack, like almonds, a day and that helps too.

It's really worth it. But if you are actually interested in the program contact my health coach - "Kerry-Jo" at
    [email protected]

A health coach comes free with the program and she will answer all your questions. She obviously knows a lot more then I do, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jandub View Post
    Hmmm, I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds, I may try this, thank you! Another question, do you feel somewhat satisfied with your meals? Also, are they good?
    I have to eat the meals every 2 hours. Honestly, your stomach shrinks so you get used to the small meals and calorie intake within 3 days, at least I did. The meals are an aquired taste...a lot of people stop the program cause they just can't handle them. I gave it a couple days and now I actually look forward to eating the stuff. But, the results are what keeps me on the program. So I'm still going to stick with it until I reach 125

Oh, and if you have long days, they advise you to eat 6 of their small meals.

If you're actually interested in the program email my health coach. Her names Kerry-Jo, and you get a free health coach when you join. But she just talks to people about the program before even being on it. She has with all my friends. Then you can decide if you really want to start it.

Her email is - [email protected]

17 pounds in total lost! I'm going to continue on until the end of May and then start the "transition!" I should be 120 by then