Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Throat n*, what is it??

Hi all! I visit this forum almost everyday now, it's so nice to know I'm not alone in this fear
    Anyways, I've read a few times now of people suffering from throat n*; my question is, what is it? What does it feel like?

Thanks for replies, hope everyone is having a good evening

Default Re: Throat n*, what is it??

whats the n* stand for? x

*N = Nausea

I have wondered the same thing about what it is. Sometimes I fell 'gaggy' like I could gag at any second but I dont really feel sick. I think that is what people mean my throat nausea.

I feel like I get "throat nausea". I don't know, the way I describe it is gaggy, and also like there's air that's coming up or something. Usually gas helps, which probably means it's actually just gas, but still. It makes me feel terrible, I don't like it one bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Instead of feeling nauseated in your stomach, you feel it in your throat. Like a strong "about to gag any second" feeling. This has happened to me on several occasions. Once, I was at a bus stop feeling fine one minute and then suddenly I got what at first felt like a strong tickle in my throat, which quickly turned into a stronger need to gag. I fought it (of course) and I didn't actually get sick, but I had to get off the bus a couple of times during the one trip and wait for the next one because I thought for sure I was going to vomit. It's an awful feeling!