Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I think I see the light

Hello everyone! Um, so since I had the hardest time ever this past October, I really started trying to kick this thing's butt. So I made a list of things I was afraid to do and I've just been doing them (I said it somewhere else, but I can't remember where.)

Anyway, so far I've: gone back to college and as of now I have straight A's! I've slept without medicine right by my bed, eaten at a sushi restaurant (and I mean I really let myself pig out lol) I watched a movie with V* in it and then rewound the movie to watch the scene again, just to push myself because I've just made 21 and I want my life back! I even survived a case of food poisoning (not from the sushi lol) without having a full blown panic attack (I did cry though, no V*)

But this was HUGE for me: I've stayed home alone for the past two days and nights! No parents, no friends, and NO PANIC ATTACKS. I feel like superwoman. I really feel like the only thing left for me to do is actually survive a SV without panicking, but um, I'm not going to go look for one. lol.

I just wanted to share this story 1, because I feel like celebrating and 2, because I hope it gives someone else hope. I've been afraid for 17 years and I'm finally getting somewhere and the crazy part is this is without therapy, and I've been to a therapist before. I've just decided to pray and do what I'm afraid of until I'm not afraid anymore and it is working. I used to think that there was no way to ever get better, that this was something that only got worse, but it's totally possible so don't ever give up.
    Umm excuse me emet, this is MY life and YOU don't belong here, back the hell off. <--my new attitude.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I think I see the light

Awesome! Well done! You deserve to brag about it, so do so! Congratulations on taking back your life.

sounds like you are really on your way to a more worry-free life. congrats on taking all the chances ,,,,that's what it's all about......always remember how you did all these things with no problems.....keep going ....it sounds wonderful
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I really envy you for being so brave and just saying to yourself 'you know what, I WILL beat this', I wish I, and i'm sure a lot of other people would also wish they had the guts to stand upto this torturing phobia once and for all. Nice one, i'm happy for you

great job, keep it up! let's beat this thing!

Thanks so much guys! It hasn't been easy at all, but it is so possible, I promise you.
    Umm excuse me emet, this is MY life and YOU don't belong here, back the hell off. <--my new attitude.

You know, I gotta say. I love your attitude! I read your signature and it really encouraged me. It's just a stupid messed up fear that tries to take away from our lives. Good job on facing your fears! That is a great accomplishment and something to be greatly proud of.