Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Incubation period???

Hi there, I posted on here yesterday about my son being sick and now i have some new questions!!? The first sign of sickness for him was on wednesday afternoon, and it is now friday night and i'm just wondering how many days or how long until i can feel like the rest of us are in the clear and not going to get it!!!??? The entire time he was sick i sprayed lysol on everything pretty much that he came in contact with and constantly washed my hands , sanitizer etc ....all my craziness that my family patiently puts up with in an effort to make me feel better about it! He did v. but the first time was at the hospital and my mom was in the bathroom with him and the second time was the next morning and i was not in the bathroom with him and there was no mess when he did, he was pretty much "spent" by that point and i immediatily lysol'd and cleaned the toilet with bleach. And wow, as i type this i realize how bad i really am there's cautious and "preventitive" and then theres me, yikes. Anyway, can i feel safe yet!!???

Default Re: Incubation period???

The incubation period for noro is 2 days. If your son had it, he will be contagious for 2 days after symptoms end.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have heard that people can still shed the virus for up to 2 weeks after having noro but only through not washing their hands after doing a no 2 and touching things that other members of the house then touch, make sure he washes his hands after a poo and give the bathroom lightswitch, loo flusher and sink taps a wipe round with bleach/water solution and you will be fine

Bleach/water solution is the only thing that will kill Noro and handwashing is best because it scrubs the virus particles off and washes them down the drain. Hand sanitizers and Lysol are ineffective at killing it, so I've read from multiple sources. The incubation period is 2-3 days, but it can live for up to 2 weeks on surfaces so just make sure to keep them clean with a dilluted bleach solution. He can shed the virus when he goes to the bathroom for 3 days or more after he is sick. It sounds like you are in the clear though. Just keep everything clean, wash yours and his hands and you'll be fine

Oh good! Thank you !! This sounds "doable" he is 9 so it will be easy enough to make double sure he's washing hands better than ever, he went to his dad's for the weekend so as soon as he left (yesterday) I sanitized everything , cleaned the entire bathroom in bleach and washed the floors in bleach and lysol'd everything i could think of and he's home tommorow night so i'm hoping we'r good! Thank you thank you to everyone who responded it makes me hopefull and that's a rare thing these days!

Quote Originally Posted by idontfeelreal View Post
    Bleach/water solution is the only thing that will kill Noro and handwashing is best because it scrubs the virus particles off and washes them down the drain. Hand sanitizers and Lysol are ineffective at killing it, so I've read from multiple sources. The incubation period is 2-3 days, but it can live for up to 2 weeks on surfaces so just make sure to keep them clean with a dilluted bleach solution. He can shed the virus when he goes to the bathroom for 3 days or more after he is sick. It sounds like you are in the clear though. Just keep everything clean, wash yours and his hands and you'll be fine
    Actually, Lysol spray kills the Norovirus! It says it on the back of the bottle. It's the Lysol wipes that won't kill it for some weird reason...

Perfect! I've gone through 2 cans in the last 3 days!

there's also another product that I use religiously called Puregreen 24. It kills many, many superbugs, NORO included, and it's safe and nontoxic

Quote Originally Posted by idontfeelreal View Post
    yes u r correct about bleach killing everything but i would just like to say lysol DOES kill noro if u look on the back of the can it says noro is one of the viruses it kills its one of my fave disinfectants and I always have like five cans in my house LOL

You should be fine by now!