Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question New Member - Emet and Bipolar Meds?

Hello there, I'm Gina and I'm 20 years old. I've had emet for 15 years now. Recently I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (II) and I'm getting to the point where my symptoms are so bothersome I'm considering medication for them. I see my psychiatrist in the morning.

I know all medications have side effects (I've been through about 10 different ones at this point for anxiety alone. Haha.) but are there any meds used for bipolar disorder treatment that don't have a very high tendency to cause v*?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm so sorry if this has already been asked. Thank you!

Default Re: New Member - Emet and Bipolar Meds?

I have bipolar disorder (I) and take Lithium.

Nausea hasn't bothered me much.

Default Re: New Member - Emet and Bipolar Meds?

Hi! I'm bipolar as well. I take Lamictal (Lamotrigine) and I have never had any problems, and I don't even need to take it with food. If it helps, I've been on every anti depressant under the sun, which are fairly similar to stabilizers, and none of them ever made me sick either. If they have nausea/vomiting as a side effect, it could mean that 1 person out of the 1000 they monitored got sick when they were on it, and it could have been from something totally different. The later it's listed, the least common it is. No one I know has ever been sick from bipolar/depression meds either.