Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else feel like this...

As much as I shouldn't I go on facebook alot and every once in awhile someone writes about being s* or someone in thier family is s*. This bothers me and immediatly makes me panic, one day I was eating lunch and looking on facebook and saw that someone's kids were v* ( they live around the corner from me ) and I had to throw my lunch away because it made me feel s*. I was in a state of panic for 4 days because of this, and I would not let my kids go near them! I feel like I do not have a normal life because of this. On the outside I act like everything is fine, but I am in constant fear on the inside. I am on medication and it has helped with the panic attacks, but it is always on my mind, it is almost like my head is having a panic attack, but my body isn't. Does this make sense or is it just me? I worry about sv* all the time, even now with it being so close to summer. I just see myself as so different from everyone else. I wish I could just not worry about it, I would give anything to not always think about being s*!

Default Re: Does anyone else feel like this...

I am the same way. I don't have kids but my sister is still in high school and I always worry about what germs their bringing into the school. I'm friends with my neighbors children on facebook and sometimes they'll post about being s*. It always strikes a bit of fear in me with them being just a few feet away from my house. It definitely sucks having this phobia but I get by basically cause I have to. I also have Lupus, hospitals give me the worst panic attacks. I can't even control them, so I guess I'm a little more paranoid than some. I always have to Lysol in the house and constantly handwashing and everything. I won't shake someone's hand either cause I convince myself they've had something. I'm not on medication for the panic. I usually try to hide it but if I hear someone is s* and their in school. which by the way I can't stand when people do that, I have to leave the classroom, even if their like 20 ft away from me. I worry about the sv* all the time too. Always in the back of my head :\

You are most definately not alone with this. I had to come off facebook at one point because it was beggining to upset me so much, seeing statuses about people being sick and just being so calm and free of worry. I used to think 'I wish I could post a status about just being sick and not caring' but then there's that other part of me that is petrified and starts to physically shake at the thought of a sv* going around, it's awful and like you I really wish my life wasn't like this but the reality is, it is

I hate it when people do things like that - I just can't understand why people want to share such things! I just try to skip over them. Just try to remember that you are probably more hygenic than them (that's not saying that you have dirty friends!)

I freak out when my friend in NJ ims me and says she has an sv and I think I am going to get it. All I think about is my two roommates getting an sv and what the hell I am going to do if that happens. Luckily I only have like 90 friends on fb and I haven't had any sick status updates. It sucks, I know, but try to push through it. I just try to ignore my brain and tell myself to suck it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman