Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am was doing so well. But of course everyone in the whole world has the stomach thing. It is surrounding me. I know that is not true but sometimes I just need to say it. I need to vent and talk myself out of the irrational thoughts that consume me. I do so well with my therapy and then it seems everyone I speak to is ill. I am not ready yet. Not ready to v****. I am still going to my therapy every 2 weeks and I am healing slowly. I havent been this anxious in a long time. Oh I jsut need to vent to talk to write. So I do and I am calming down now. So thanks for letting me get it out. I hope I make it through this. I am going now to smell some lavender to maybe calm down.

Emily
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

I know exactly how you feel. I too am in therepy working through this whole mess. But its so hard to unlearn how deal with this phobia ya know? Its our instinct to worry or panick. I mean I still get nervous just hearing about someone having "it". GRRRRRRR. it makes you feel like like you just want to run away and hide till everyone is well again. OR I become obsessedwith making sure ifthey really have it and try to tell myself its food poisoning ........I know it sounds crazy. I'm obsessed!!!!!!!!!! And I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My life is all about fear and it sucks! If you want to talk sometime please IM me Rogsgrrl88 on AIM or [email protected] on msn

Kris

Just keep talking to yourself rationally and things will get easier. Tell yourself, that "yeah, alot of people around me are sick, but if I get it, I won't die".

I know it is easier said than done, but that is how I am getting through this winter. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Know in your mind that you cannot control everyone and everything, and the only thing you can do if you get sick, is take it one minute at a time.

For instance say- "Ok, I am feeling sick...everyone has felt this way at some point in their lives", then say "if I v, I will feel better mentally and physically". Ask yourself what the worst that can happen is. You may be suprised that v is not all that bad! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte

Thanks all for letting me vent. It is so nice to have a plce to come where there is understanding.
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~