Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Would you stick a finger down your throat?

Bananas, begging for an apology in a gloating fashion doesn't make you seem any better than a troll themselves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Man, who the hell has enough free time to come here and make up stories for NO reason. I don't understand. I also don't see any point in it at all.

Bananas, I think that’s a bit harsh on Kaydee. Yes, with hindsight she may’ve got it wrong but it was an honest mistake at the time and she was hardly the only one, on this or a number of other threads. I fell for more than one of this person’s fake IDs and said so on one of the post-mortem threads the other day so as it happens I feel silly as well but I don’t see what trying to make Kaydee feel even worse about it is going to achieve.

What’s more, I don’t think the “whole story was a lie” at all. As has been discussed at length on those other threads, this person was a genuine member here at one time and actually did used to be emetophobic, which explains how she knew so much about it and was able to sound so convincing in her various guises. Put that way I’d suggest that, although the fingers down the throat part may have been fabricated, a lot of the supporting detail about the things her therapist was saying was probably based on genuine experience as she would have gone through the treatment process.

Indeed, as I understand it (going by what others said as this poster’s original ID was before my time) that was her problem with this forum, as she recovered and then got frustrated with people who she felt weren’t trying hard enough to overcome it and unfortunately ended up expressing that frustration in the form of trolling.

However, the point is she’s been banned now and it’s all over, so I really can’t see what good finger-pointing amongst those of us still here is going to do.

I am red-faced as I was taken in too. I asked M0ndaymay for permission to use her cure story on my web site. While I was editing it for posting, I did notice the past tense/present tense shift that other posters have mentioned and had a lot of fixing to do to put everything in past tense. I didn't realize that was a sign the story was made up. I am relieved that I hadn't actually posted the story before it was exposed. Thanks to the mods for taking care of this.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I agree - no point in finger-pointing and arguing. That's what the troll wanted! Bananas, I think you were very perceptive indeed to realise there was fabrication/inconsistency. But KaydeeJayde was trying to support someone she believed was genuine. Oddly enough I'm not convinced that the troll was entirely cured. I think maybe she wasn't and disliked herself for not recovering, and disliked us by an extension of that?