Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Lots of testing

Default Lots of testing

I am pretty nervous about my day tomorrow. I have been having all sorts of stomach problems and I have emet pretty bad. I recently have been very very ill. Never actually vomiting cause I can force myself not to. I have been dealing with this for the past two years now and doctors have not been able to figure out whats wrong with me. Last week I was experiencing severe stomach pain and I could barely keep down water. So my mom took me to the hospital. I actually feel safer at the hospital even tho there are germs there because the doctors and nurses know how to take care of you and have all sorts of meds to get rid of pain nausea and vomitng. So going doesnt bother me. But since I went to the hospital last week I have been experiencing nearly non stop stomach pain. All I can eat is rice, rice cakes, and some fruits. ( I just ate grapes and I definitely shouldnt have) But I had an upper endoscopy tuesday and found that my stomach is contracting to slow. So to do more testing they are sending me to Lee Summit Missouri tomorrow to eat eggs with radioactive iodine in it with toast... Two things that make me pretty darn sick. And they are going to watch the food digest and see how long it takes and how its digesting. TThe only reason I am nervous is because I have to eat the food that makes me really sick. I am not looking forward to that at all. I am praying that God takes some of the pain away or atleast the doctors can give me some pain relievers and nausea meds. The testing takes a few hours and I will probably definitely be taking my nausea and vomiting meds along with my percacet afterI get out of there haha. I am going to be in so much pain. But in a way this is a blessing cause they may be able to come to the bottom of this. And actually going through all these stomach problems has taken some of my fear of vomiting away even tho I still am afraid... It has helped. But please pray for me tomorrow. I have been very sick and I am very thin and I am trying to get better. Thanks

Default Re: Lots of testing

good luck with the test.....hopefully it will show the dr what is causing the pain. i'm sure they will give you something for n if you need it.....

keep us posted on results
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

try to stay positive. i know its easier for me to say, but dont try to expect the pain and n* to happen. try to imagine it as a dry piece of toast or something. enjoy the flavour it will have. im sure it wont taste bad. ask them if you can take a n* tablet when you get there. it also sounds wierd that they would make you eat something that may make you feel unwell. i dont think they would feed you a large amount. im sure you will be fine. it prob wont be as bad as you think
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Good luck with the testing! I hope you get answers soon. And don't worry too much about the food making you ill (though can't they put the iodine in rice for you?) because they will stop you from vomiting because it messes up the test. So if you do feel ill, they will give you something for it.

The test went well and I was surprised cause I didn't get to sick from it. They gave me two eggs that I needed to eat and very little water. They wouldnt give me any pain relievers or nausea meds they said that I would have to try my best to keep the food down and if I got sick then they would have to stop the test. But it went better then I expected and they said I will hear of the results tomorrow. So I am praying they found whats wrong so they can help me finally. I have been sick today which stinks tho... I woke up in alot of pain and it was not fun. I hate how sick I get. I have almost vomited a few times cause of the pain (not today) just in the past. I have lost 15 more pounds in the last 2 weeks and I am down to 90 pounds. I am getting nervous. I am praying they found something or I will end up in the hospital again.

im glad it went well. i hope they find something too. where is the pain located?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

The pain is located all over in my stomach. upper, lower, sides, the pain goes to my back to sometimes. They have tested for almost everything Crohns, celiac, IBS, etc. Now the doctors believe there is just something wrong with my stomach with how its digesting and everything. But the pain is undescribable. It's one of the worst pains I have felt in my entire life. It's sharp, burning, stabbing, cutting, you name it. And nausea comes with it. Find out results today. Hope they found something. I will post again in a few hours to let you know what they said.

When you say they have tested for all those things, what tests exactly have you had done? (if you don't mind me asking!)

well I found out today they have literally done every test they could possibly think of on me and they all came back normal. They said they believe its a stress/anxiety thing that is making me sick so they are saying I need to go see a phsyciatrist which I need to do anyways to take care of my emetophobia. But they have done crohns, celiac, seeing how my stomach is digesting, endoscopys, colonoscopys, certain food allergies, and tests i dont even know their names. So I guess my next step is to get rid of my anxiety and stress. then I will get better.

i honestly think ts anxiety. it can bring along some pretty chronic symptoms and make you feel really unwell