Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Want to meet people from this site!

Hello

This might be a silly thing to say or a silly thought, but, I want to actually meet at least one person off here. Just so I can meet another person suffering from exactly the same thing as me. See how they cope with it, see what things they do like I do.
    Just to share some experiences, try and get through this together maybe.
    Nobody in my life is going through what I am with this phobea, or even come close to it.

I am 19, female and from the UK. A lot of you guys seem to be from the US.

What do you think of this?

Thanks

Default Re: Want to meet people from this site!

Where in the Uk are you from Vicky?

I always thought it would be cool to meet another emet in person. I've never come across anyone who is crazy on my level.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Actually, just the other day I was thinking, "What if there could be some kind of phobia convention somewhere?", you know, where emets (and people with other phobias) from all over could meet & talk just like we do on here....then I laughed at the thought that probably half of us emets wouldn't want to make the potentially long journey to such a convention out of fear of travel sickness! Haha, irony...

I too have never personally met another emet....I agree that it would be extremely comforting to know someone in real life who shares your experiences with this phobia...but I think plenty of people on here are from the UK too, though! So who knows, maybe you'll bump into them sometime. =)
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

Reganstorm, im from Yorkshire!

I think it would help a lot of us if we did meet another emet and have them in our lives as they would properly understand you and we would understand them.
    Some convention or meeting or something should be set up x

[QUOTE=TheSweetThinker;345509]Actually, just the other day I was thinking, "What if there could be some kind of phobia convention somewhere?", you know, where emets (and people with other phobias) from all over could meet & talk just like we do on here....then I laughed at the thought that probably half of us emets wouldn't want to make the potentially long journey to such a convention out of fear of travel sickness! Haha, irony...
    QUOTE]

Haha, so true

I've met two other IES members; one each on different trips. Turns out we had common interests with computers and car engines. I travel alot and luck would have it we got to meet, visit, and eat at a couple really good restaurants!

We were a lot more normal face to face than I expected!

Thanks,
    David

me and Cupcake x live 15 minutes from each other and have known each other in real life for over a year now

i think this would be fantastic.
    im in scotland though and alot of the people here are from elsewhere in the world
    i feel so lonely up here in the highlands! haha

I'm from Portsmouth, so a bit far from Yorkshire! If you're ever coming down this way though...........

All my family are from Portsmouth

I was at work a few months back and when looking through one of my patients medical histories (she had quite a complicated psychiatric history) and I noticed she's been diagnosed with emetophobia - I was DYING to talk to her about it but obviously it wouldn't have been appropriate. I've never met anyone else with emet!

i would love to meet someone on here or who has emet. everyone seems to be from the uk or america thoguh. it would be cool if there was an emetophobia convention! i also think it would be good to have a pen pal emet friend
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

OOOOH! Penpals would be awesome! What a great distraction when you're anxious to write letters. Maybe I'm just nerdy :P
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i had a pen pal emet friend when i was younger, when i was about 8 or 9 years old.
    it was great, i strangely just remember one letter about her telling me she couldnt eat peas because one day she could smell them really strongly and later v*

it made me feel so comforted!

i often wonder what shes like now, if she still has it etc.
    it did help while i was doing it, but then the letters stopped

my mum got the address off the other girls mum, from a website? i dunno what one though.

I really think it'd be great. Writing is one of my biggest distractions when I'm panicking. Sometimes I just sit there and write my name over and over, just so that my eyes and my mind have something else to focus on. Would anyone be interested?

yer for sure! im always up for new pen pals and friends. i used to right as well to take my mind off it
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

yeah i like having a penpal

I am new here but I feel the same way. I've had emet for years and had no idea until a few months ago that I was not alone and wasn't crazy! I have a few friends with anxiety but don't know anyone who has this phobia and could actually sympathize with me.

Joy

I am from Portugal and maybe I will write many mistakes but I didn't find anything about this phobia in my language so I joined here so a could find some help.. I am just desperate, this is controlling my life and I'm just a teenager...

I actually have met Turbokinetic and would love to meet more of you guys. I have to force myself to travel. The people from this site I have gotten to be closest friends with live in Wisconsin, Rhode Island, DC, and N. Alabama, plus I've been pretty good friends with a couple emets here in FL also. I don't know why we don't meet up. Someone could think about organizing a regional emet get together. That way we could meet in real life in the safety of a group with less distance to travel. Still does not help if you've really become close to people at a distance. Ah well, a goal to get to, maybe soon, maybe not. At the OP, there are so many emets in the UK you should be able to meet up with someone, just let the usual precautions apply when meeting someone from online. I was very impressed with Turbokinetic and I feel that the other people I'm clse to from here would also be great people.

You guys should organise an emet meet up for sometime next year, I'm going to be in the US at some point. That'd be so cool!

ah, i would like to meet other site members too...but i live far away from you guys IF any of you ever decide to travel to Lithuania, contact me!!!

and i would love to have penpals! i love writing letters

Nendre, want to be penpals?! Could be heaps of fun!

Anyone wanna be my penpal?

Kaydee, yes yes yes!!! i'll send you my adress here or on fb.

Harlequin, i'd like to be your penpal!

I'm in London - I'd love to meet up though! I know it's a bit far from Yorkshire, but contact me if you ever come south. I'd love to meet someone going through the same thing. I'm 16 by the way!

I need a penpal - I love writing letters!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky92 View Post
    Reganstorm, im from Yorkshire!

I think it would help a lot of us if we did meet another emet and have them in our lives as they would properly understand you and we would understand them.
    Some convention or meeting or something should be set up x
    Heya. I agree, it would be nice to meet with members from here, especially ones who live near eachother or within reasonable distance. (I'm from Yorkshire too, by the way!)

Quote Originally Posted by nendre View Post
    Kaydee, yes yes yes!!! i'll send you my adress here or on fb.

Harlequin, i'd like to be your penpal!
    Okay! I'll send you my address!

I just thought I'd link people to the ceop website and remind people to stay safe on the internet, you don't know who you are talking to, most of us are probably fine but you never really know who you are talking to. So stay safe.
    http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/

sorry lecture over (think its the teacher in me )