Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Music & Emet

Default Music & Emet

I adore music & I'm sure a lot of you do too. So when dealing with this phobia & the journey it takes us on, do you have a specific song that empowers you? That maybe lyrically it describes your fear? or just gives you hope?

Here is mine and I invite you all to listen to it and see the lyrics. You can search it on youtube:
    ~Reach For The Light by Steve Winwood

I love it. The lyrics talk about how voices from inside you (fear) can you lead you astray. and how you can be strong through the storm.

It was a song featured in the animated movie Balto.
    Last edited by Harmony; 07-25-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Default Re: Music & Emet

The song that lyrically empowers me?

Let's see

Rebecca Black - My Moment
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

LOL Mr Parker!

When I was in a singing contest, they provided a song called In Your Room. After recording it, I realized it made me think of one member on IES in particular, and over the past year or two I've seen more it makes me think of.

For myself, I find that mostly silly song or showtunes help me out. One exception is Hero by Superchic[k]. It helps me keep in mind that I'm in control of my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The song Big White Room by Jessie J is one I can really relate to. The lyrics just make a whole lot of sense. I don't know if that's what it was written about, but I can certainly relate.
    Come visit my history blog:

I don't really have an "empowering" song that I listen to, but whenever my phobia makes me extremely anxious, it always soothes me to listen to binaural beat music...it's said to help release endorphins and make you feel very relaxed...just listening to it makes me feel as though a warm blanket is covering my tensed & stressed brain, lol

You guys may like it, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eOuV...D56B78&index=0
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

When I was little, I didn't know I had GERD. I'd get semi-silent reflux (no burning or pain, but this slight nausea, which then led to overwhelming panic). To calm down, I'd lie down (did this on streets between parked cars in my neighborhood, even, because I just couldn't move any more) and sing over and over
    I love the mountains,
    I love the rolling hills,
    I love the flowers,
    I love the daffodils.
    I love the fireside
    When all the lights are low.
    Boom dee a da, boom dee a da
    Boom dee a da, boom dee a da

Did this up through my first year of college, then friends learned how to help me through panic attacks

The song that always makes me forget about my phobia is "The Getaway People-Good life"
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

This is a good idea for a thread and funnily enough I had a vague idea of starting a similar one a few months ago but never got round to it.
    My choice is the classic Oasis B-side Rockin’ Chair (from Roll With It for those too young to remember the mid-90s!). I was listening to it one day soon after I joined this forum and it suddenly occurred to me how most of the lyrics can be made to fit, if you interpret the singer as “talking” to his phobia and wearily telling it how fed up he is that it’s been a part of his life for so long. It doesn’t quite all fit (the line “It’s all too much for me to take when you’re not there” is clearly the wrong way round in this context!), but I think most of the rest of it does.

YouTube link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRxhU176QyI&feature=related