Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Celebrities with emetophobia

That was really funny - I actually laughed at loud. On the downside I was totally unaware that there was a norovirus outbreak in the uk til I read this!!

ah don't worry i the noro outbreak was over xmas , either way it's probably just the news trying to scare us, they do this so that we buy more papers you can't really always belive the paper.
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Ha, Denise Richards! She did a terrible v* scene in Starship Troopers...wonder how she felt about that. Anyone seen it?

I actually laughed out loud at charlie brookers comments!! On the downside though I didnt know anything about a norovirus outbreak in the uk til I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwest555 View Post
    here is a link to an interview somone did with charlie brooker, he explains his battles with emet and then tells you how to avoid it (some parts of the storeys may be a little graphic to some) http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...charliebrooker
    -- I don't know who this guy is... but that interview was hilarious!!

I especially loved this little gem -- *And if they're not online, they're crawling into the office to tell you all about them. While still infectious. If I was running things, it would be dealt with like a zombie outbreak: shoot all victims in the head at the first sign of infection, then barricade the windows til the end credits roll.*

AMEN! lol
    *The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.* -- M. Scott Peck

"And if they're not online, they're crawling into the office to tell you all about them. While still infectious. If I was running things, it would be dealt with like a zombie outbreak: shoot all victims in the head at the first sign of infection, then barricade the windows til the end credits roll.*

that was my favourite part too! LOL

[QUOTE=KentuckyLivin';311583] -- I don't know who this guy is... but that interview was hilarious!!

He's a very funny (as you saw) Journalist, comic writer & broadcaster also he has recently gotten his own show called "How TV ruined your life" it is one of the only things on TV that make me laugh out loud (ironic i know)
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

that is the best light hearted, refreshing way of explaining emet to someone. i like it I will google him though because i dont know who he is
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I know Russel Howard (uk comedian, I'm not sure if he's known internationally lol) is severely germophobic and has OCD

Finding out Charlie Brooker has emet has pretty much made my life! He is pure brilliance and knowing he is pure brilliance along with having emet is just awesome. Not that emet is by any stretch awesome, but still!

I must admit I was suprised because I know he has been on road trips across the states and travels a fair bit which is something I have always struggled with. I know he has been scared of doing live tv in the past and wonder if the emet was something to do with it. He does 10 o clock live now though so he's done really well.

The article was genius though and I totally agree the zombie outbreak protocol should be the way to go. All the emets in a bunker with enough ammunition to take out the noro zombies and enough antibacterial spray in the air to nearly, but not quite suffocate us all lol.

So good to know that we are not alone and that even those people we think of as totally normal have their little things - I panicked about the 'outbreak' in the UK when I first read that too, almost full on almost panic attack! Until I looked at the date, 2008. Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Post
    I always watch shrek when I feel ill as it comforts me, who would of thought one of the voice actors has emetophobia herself, I will feel even more comforted now lol!
    Oh, my God. I can remember an experience of mine clearly when I was little. I was looking for my mom and walked into her room. She was in the bathroom, so I opened it, and she was getting sick. I immediately shut the door and ran up to my room and played Shrek to get my mind off of it, and it really helped. Small world!

Quote Originally Posted by StaceySGMW View Post
    For you Brits of the board, and Pop Music lovers.

Frankie from the Saturdays stated that she was afraid of v* on their website
    I'm from America and actually love the Saturdays. When I read that in the interview I felt so relieved that I wasn't the only one!

I used to have a huge crush on Tom Sellack. Whenever i felt sick id remind myself that he is human and that he got sick too. We know this as Actors/Actresses throw up in movie albeit its synthetic. But it does make me feel a bit better and that its just normal. When i feel bad i like to know someone is going through the same thing, i feel so alone sometimes when i am feeling sick and panicky and i just want it to be taken away.
    I'm going to try watching shrek too and see if that helps me, i also enjoy goldie hawn movies. But in the midst of a panic attack i am unable to decide on anything, so i usually grab something that makes me feel depressed or worse. Not good.
    Can anyone else sympathise with IBS and nausea and just no appetite and to boot completely anxious all the time with no sign of it stopping?

That's so strange considering Denise Richards was in that movie Starship Troopers and she had a scene where she v* in school. It looked so legit too, and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I still can't watch that scene to this day! I almost wish movies came with warnings on the dvd case that says "EMET WARNING" :P
    destroy what destroys you

Quote Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
    Ha, Denise Richards! She did a terrible v* scene in Starship Troopers...wonder how she felt about that. Anyone seen it?
    Oh, I just noticed your post now! But yes, I've seen that movie so many times because I love it, but I still can't watch that scene. Sometimes I try to force myself to look but it makes me ill. Hahaha. I really do wonder how she feels about it. (I wonder how I'd feel about it if I had to do a scene like that in a movie?)
    destroy what destroys you

No one probably knows who she is but Zoe Sugg or Zoella (A british blogger and youtuber) said she has a phobia of vomit in a video! She is like my idol so finding out she's an emet too made me so happy!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

^omg I've heard about her thru fleur de force. I'm going to check her out rite now haha!