Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: what does your name mean?

lol. didnt think so
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

is that really your name?
    I meant my real name is Serbian, like the country trololol
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

The name Hippiemommie comes from my quasi-hippie nature. I'm not a full-on hippie, only a little crunchy. I'm also a mom of two. My real name is Rebecca, but I go by Becca.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    I'm a huge Heath Ledger fan, so when The Dark Knight was released, I was obsessed (and still am) with his performance as the Joker. My friends started calling me The Harlequin - as in Harley Quinn.

Old usernames
    Abbu - after the monkey in Aladdin, courtesy of my sister.
    CherBirdi - my brother thinks I look like Cher Lloyd from the X Factor, and calls me The CherBird.
    Omg I was wondering who you were, I didnt know you were Abbu or CheriBird. I was wondering where you went.

My screen name is the legacy of a very very very bad and sad relationship I had. He gave me the pet name Roza (russian for rose, according to him) I was like in love with him. After almost a year of being together he broke up with me on the first day of school, through a hand written letter ( like we'd always write to each other) saying he's gay. I was crushed. (after a while he said he thinks it was a phase and is straight again, so I wanted to get back with him) And to pour salt on my wounds this girl I hate tries to take him away from me. worse still, he sides with her and doesn't believe me. Did I mention that happen on my birthday? To end this story, he said this to me "by the way I never loved you and had a girlfriend back when we met and I'd rather take her back that your ugly whiny ass. Shit I must've been desperate" and "oh Caitlin, to think you were once in love with me and now spit tasteless names at me" it's been about two years since I met him and it still hurts. So im now, Forever Caitlin. Caitlin is also gaelic for catherine and means pure. So I'm forever Caitlin, forever pure. Sorry my story was kinda depressing >____>
    Last edited by ForeverrCaitlin; 08-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen11 View Post
    Omg I was wondering who you were, I didnt know you were Abbu or CheriBird. I was wondering where you went.
    I left for awhile, but decided to start afresh.

Sadly I wasn't feeling very imaginative when I made this name, but if I could change my name on here, it would be "Good2be" I don't know why I came up with that name, but I like it I would choose it, because, I feel like it's good to be alive even with all this crap going on
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    I left for awhile, but decided to start afresh.

Oh wow, lol I thought you'd left for good! I had no idea you were CherBirdi welcome back
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Thanks Max

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverrCaitlin View Post
    My screen name is the legacy of a very very very bad and sad relationship I had. He gave me the pet name Roza (russian for rose, according to him) I was like in love with him. After almost a year of being together he broke up with me on the first day of school, through a hand written letter ( like we'd always write to each other) saying he's gay. I was crushed. (after a while he said he thinks it was a phase and is straight again, so I wanted to get back with him) And to pour salt on my wounds this girl I hate tries to take him away from me. worse still, he sides with her and doesn't believe me. Did I mention that happen on my birthday? To end this story, he said this to me "by the way I never loved you and had a girlfriend back when we met and I'd rather take her back that your ugly whiny ass. Shit I must've been desperate" and "oh Caitlin, to think you were once in love with me and now spit tasteless names at me" it's been about two years since I met him and it still hurts. So im now, Forever Caitlin. Caitlin is also gaelic for catherine and means pure. So I'm forever Caitlin, forever pure. Sorry my story was kinda depressing >____>
    Your story sounds for the most part, what I can understand, really heartbreaking. I don't gather where the "Forever" came from though! Forever pure like, shielding your heart?

haha, sorry I'm being nosy!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    Your story sounds for the most part, what I can understand, really heartbreaking. I don't gather where the "Forever" came from though! Forever pure like, shielding your heart?

haha, sorry I'm being nosy!
    haha its okay, i dont find it nosy. to forever is from the fact that im no longer "Roza" to him, now im deemed Caitlin, since its over i am "forever, caitlin" get it now? lol i didnt realize i wrote it kind of confusing >___<

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverrCaitlin View Post
    haha its okay, i dont find it nosy. to forever is from the fact that im no longer "Roza" to him, now im deemed Caitlin, since its over i am "forever, caitlin" get it now? lol i didnt realize i wrote it kind of confusing >___<
    Ahhh! I get it! lol How awesome. it's like HA! I'm Caitlin. NOT Roza, and you're purified from that nickname. ! I love it And it's okay, I totally type out things like that too when they're important/personal!

I'm Katelynn, but it's very rare when someone calls me that. I've always gone by Katie when I was growing up, and now I just go by Kate. I was called Katelynn by everyone when I was in elementary school and I hated it, I don't know why, but I always wanted to be called Katie (there were too many "Katies" in the same grade so I was known as "Katelynn P."). That was the same elementary school where I developed emet when I was around 7-9 years old. I don't mind it so much now, and I like the way it's spelled so I write out my full name all the time on forms and letters.

As for the name meaning itself, it means "purity" though I highly doubt I've lived up to it. ;P
    destroy what destroys you