Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy feeling so alone..

I am new to this site tonight, I have been suffering with anxiety disorder for 4 years this year, I am also emetophobic which makes my anxiety ten times worse. I am only 20 and i've suffered with this since my 17th birthday, I had a major panic attack and have been suffering since. I don't have any real friends, people who care or stuck around. Luckily my family are quite supportive now so it helps, but its taken time. I just feel like I am the only one in the world who feels this way, and unless you feel it, you don't understand. So I'm hoping someone could maybe find the time to talk to me, even if its about random things, it would be nice to feel normal.

Default Re: feeling so alone..

you can message me your definitely not the only one!

Thanks for replying. I appreciate that, I will message you when I can, I'm a newby so I have to build my posts up first.

You're definitely not alone with this situation. I've been struggling since I was 19, am 26 now, and have no friends in real life because they don't understand/care/military(understandable there). Also doesn't help that I struggle to be out in public, so meeting anyone new is pretty much out of the question..

Welcome to the forum, and if you ever need an ear lent to you, I'm happy to be there

Thankyou Truegryphon it means a lot. I am the same, I barely get out its really hard and sometimes its nice to talk to someone who you don't feel like they look down on you. I feel like a burden to my family, so I know you can understand more. I appreciate you saying that, and if ever I can listen. Ill be here

ur are so not alone !! message me if u like

Yup... Even worse when they make you out to be the burden... Heaven forbid that someone should take an hour out to drive me up to the doctors or psychiatrists... This phobia definitely sucks.