Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Rescue Remedy

Question Rescue Remedy

So I have heard a few people talk about rescue remedy on this forum, and I just wanted to ask if any of you emets have found it to help when the panic sets in.
    I have an aversion to meds because I am afraid they will make me N*, so I am hesitant to try this, because i dont know if it makes your stomach hurt, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it, and if it has bad or good affects. Cause if it really does help calm you down that would be really great for panic in situations I cant avoid.
    Thanks

Default Re: Rescue Remedy

It's not a medicine, it's natural, for the most part. And it doesn't help once the panic sets in. Use it when you first start feeling anxious. When you're having a panic attack, not much can pull you out of it. I use it a lot when I'm in situations that make me nervous, just to prevent a panic attack. It's never given me a stomach ache or made me vomit or anything, it doesn't taste great, but I find it helps immensely
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, thanks, that helps a lot

I think it's helped me chill a bit in stressful situations. I have the flavored lozenges and they don't taste bad at all!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

It has helped me in pre-situations. If I am anxious or go into panic it does not stop it or slow it down, for me at least. It tastes to me like taking a shot of whiskey

okay, thank you to all of you who have responded. So just one more thing, when should I take it?? like before I go into a situation I think i will have a panic in?? or right when i start to get anxious??

Both. I find it helps most for me when I take it before I go into a potentially stressful situation, it doesn't hurt, so if the situation ends up being fine, then no damage done, and if it is stressful, it should help. It helps me a bit too when I first get those warning stages of anxiety, like when my heart starts pounding or when I very first start taking it. Just experiment with it and see how it works for you.
    Come visit my history blog:

I guess it depends on the person. I tried it one night, and had and upset stomach the next day. I didn't feel n, just sort of butterfly feeling, you know? It went away every time I ate a ginger candy though. Just give it a try, everyone's different.