Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Overdose?

Default Overdose?

I have been having awful allergies all day (though it may be a cold?) so I took two benadryl. I took them at six, and then felt my allergies coming back, so I took two at ten. They last 4-6 hours. Overdose, or no overdose? So far I feel tired, but that is it. I refuse to look up the side effects of benadryl overdose, though. Because I know that I'll probably start mimicking them, and get panicky.

Default Re: Overdose?

Just don't take anymore and if you have anymore symptoms call poison control I believe you're supposed to take them every 6-8 hours. But I'm not totally sure..
    This too, shall pass

Default Re: Overdose?

You shouldn't take more than 300 mg benadryl every 24 hrs -- A benadryl is 25 mg, so 4 benadryl is 100 mg, so you're way in the clear there. You can take 2 every 4-6 hrs according to the box, and you did that. I'd be damn tired too though!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.