Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Colonoscopy - not bad at all!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share that I had a colonoscopy done last week and it was not bad at all! I had to prep by drinking a small bottle of CitroMag at 12 noon the day before and another at 5pm. It was very sour like citrus, but clear and easy to drink. It didn't make me nauseous at all. The next day in the hospital I was kind of anxious that I would wake up from the "conscious sedation" feeling nauseous and perhaps would be disoriented. NOT SO! They wheeled me into the room where the test was to take place, said they were going to administer the drug into my I.V. and I was out cold. Next thing I knew, I woke up back in the day surgery room. The nurse said, "can you walk?" and I was like "sure!" Honestly, I felt like I'd just awoken from an awesome night's sleep and I felt fabulous. I walked into the bathroom, got dressed and my husband drove me home. We stopped on the way where I bought a bag of pretzels and some ice creams on a stick. I ate those, plus mac & cheese and felt perfect.

One less thing to be fearful of!

Hugs and joy,
    Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Colonoscopy - not bad at all!

Oh ya - forgot to say it was only preventative because I'm 52 and my dad died at 50 of colon cancer. And the Dr. said my colon looked very healthy!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I had a colonoscopy once too with the same fears about feeling nauseous after drinking the mag and after anesthesia. I v*ed when I was 4 after getting my tonsils out. I'm 18 now and had the colonoscopy and was happy when it felt like a nap and nothing more!

Great for you Sage! I had one too and it wasn't too bad either...I just took my time "prepping." Glad your results are a-okay too.

Im glad everything was OK!!!

Congrats! That's awesome!
    I was concerned when I had a c section (only surgery I've ever had) that whatever they put in my iv would make me v*. I even asked the anesthesiologist and he said "it's pretty common" or something like that. I was like oh GREAT! But I was ok!

This is good to hear! I had one years ago and am due for another I think, but I've been putting it off out of unfounded fear.