Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Bf started v******* and I started freaking out.

Saturday night my bf made dinner for us. Then he said he didn't feel well his head and stomach hurt so he went to lie down in the bedroom. I went to lie down with him and all of a sudden he said he had to do "it". I heard him doing it and I freaked out. I started getting nauseous and felt like I had to go to the bathroom. It was snowing outside but I still went out on the balcony in my robe and slippers so I would not hear what he was doing. I kept asking him if he was getting sick from the post nasal drip that he gets and he was like I don't know. I told him I was freaking out and he said well what happens if u get what I have? It happens to everyone. This made me freak out more. I had explosive diarrhea and finally relaxed after taking 2 klonopin and a vistaril. I wanted to leave and go to my mom's house but I had the diarrhea and he wanted me to stay in case things got worse. I felt so bad bc he was sick but at the same time I was angry with him for being sick. It was awful. I hate this phobia. No one understands what I go through, all people tell me is well it happens to everyone. I'm like great, really helpful for my anxiety.

Default Re: Bf started v******* and I started freaking out.

Hmm I don't know what it might be, could be the food but as an emet you have dodged the sickness and just got the runs instead, or it could be you don't have the same thing as him at all and the diarrhoea is as a result of the shock and panic of hearing him get sick like that. What a horrible thing to happen though, i would have been out on that balcony too, in fact i think i would have been abseiling off it and running a mile away so you have done well to go back in. I hope you both feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That kind of sounds like food poisoning, and it just affected you two differently. I'm really sorry that happened. If it was a virus you are probably safe by now. It's really great that you managed to stay in the house, you were brave!

I hope both you and he feel better.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Does sound like food poisoning.
    Getting angry with your bf sounds like your way of coping with the fear. Perhaps he deserved it - he did poison you after all
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia