Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: how long has it been since you v******?

The last time I threw up from nor was 1976 when I was 6
    Colleen

about 9 or 10 years old

about 9 or 10 years

6 months i reckon.
    im a very sicky person! therefore my phobia feeds from that...

Cool Re: how long has it been since you v******?

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    Yep, I agree! If only you could pinpoint one day/time so you didn't need to spend 99% of your life worrying about something that probably wouldn't happen anyway.....*sigh*
    I can totally agree with that. I went 12yrs without until feb 2011. I spend all day every day wondering where/ when it might happen again.

I was 10, and I'm now 23; so it has been 13 (almost 14) years.

I think it's crazy how many non emets I've talked to who as adults/parents never get stomach bugs and they aren't even as crazy as us emets are with hygiene and everything. I wish I could just calm down about it all.. because really as adults we just don't get things as much as children do anyway. My mom was almost never sick with anything like that when I was a kid.. I don't remember my dad getting them either.. and they are not emets at all. I just think it's interesting....wish I could shake this fear.

i must be a complete idiot because i cannot find out how to make a new forum. lmao. butt have you guys ever ate so much and felt so sick. oy lol
    julietttnoelll<3

My last time was in 2008 when i had kidney stones. I was in soo much pain the V didnt even bother me.

My son was 1 year old when I last v* from a bug going around... He turned 12 last month

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unhappy Re: how long has it been since you v******?

Quote Originally Posted by KelleighNicole View Post
    I get panic attacks frequently. Lately, night time has been better for me though. I feel the more quiet the world is around me, the easier I can relax.

I have two small children, two years old and seven months old, and luckily both sleep through the night and that is my only 'me' time, so I try to spend that time relaxing.

Although I will say there has been many times where I've woken out of a sound sleep in mid-panic attack, and instantly worried that I'd be sick because I was sleeping when the panic started -- and therefore feeling more out of control of the situation.

I SO understand this... I feel so much more "un-safe" when everyone is sleeping... I also have woken out of sleep in a jolt of panic... it feels like an electric shock.
    I just want there to be an actual CURE for this thing... its so hard when what we fear is ourselves...
    I have the emetophobia recovery system... and been through most of the book but I feel like I need to dedicate a week to it...
    I wish there was a live support group somewhere.
    I feel a bit hopeless and defeated right now

Last year :/ :/ Food poisoning! SO awful.

I know this site is for people to feel support etc but when answering a question by saying how awful it was the last time you got sick is NOT HELPFUL TO ANYONE. It just makes us more paranoid! I hate that. I need to know that if and when I ever get sick, that I will live through it and it and that I won't be in a constant state of terror as I go through it.

They asked a question, so I answered. Don't like it, dont read it. And clearly I did live through it, cos here I am typing jeez

If it really does bother you that much, I can take it down.....

Omg no no no! It's fine! I'm just pissed at this stupid phobia. I am SO SICK OF IT.
    Sorry, nothing against you at all!
    I just dread getting sick so much that when someone tells me they have I end up asking 3553 questions trying to convince myself that it can't be "that bad" just so I don't go on another 18 years in fear.
    I feel like a crazy person!

lol sorry I feel like a bitch now! a bit fiesty lol
    Me tooo, I wish there was an easy fix so bad! I still just dont understand why I hate it so much, I mean its a natural thing to do

We clearly should be friends!

I've suffered with Emetophobia ever since I can remember. The last time I vomited was in June this year (I broke my 13 year streak); I'm pretty sure I suffered from food poisoning, so it's not like it could have been avoided. It was absolutely HORRIBLE. Since then, I wake up every morning and think to myself "am I going to be ill today?" Like I said, I've suffered with Emetophobia for as long as I can remember, but since I vomited, it's made my life so damn difficult. I get angry at myself sometimes, to the point where I'm in tears. I've started washing my hands A LOT to avoid germs/bacteria getting into my system and I'm making them dry and sore. Whenever I eat, I worry that whatever I'm eating is going to make me ill. My family/boyfriend don't really understand WHY I'm like this, but they are as supportive as possible. I have made an appointment to see a Behavioural Therapist, but the waiting list is 6 months and I'm struggling every day without help. I don't go out as much anymore, I'm constantly looking for signs that people are getting sick and I freak out if I can't wash my hands often enough. The only thing that gets me through each day is knowing that I have a strong immune system and a strong stomach. Like I said previously, it had been 13 years since I was last sick, so the chances of me getting sick anytime soon are very slim. (Fingers crossed). However, when I'm in that panicked state of mind, it's hard to reason with myself and all of that common sense goes right out of the window. I just have to remember that life is far too short to be worrying about something that probably won't happen. After I've received help, I'm sure I'll look back on all this and wonder what I was so scared about.
    (Sorry about the long post! I'm new and wanted to get that all off my chest. I'm hoping that talking to people who understand what it's like to be Emetophobic will help me a bit).

I won't post any exact numbers for me as I'm scared of jinxing myself. I know that's totally irrational but I can't help it. I can say though I've had quite a few close calls, sometimes excruciatingly close. I think over the years I've learned to become better at suppressing the vomit reflex.