Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry please help. im trying so hard to be strong.

As some of you know, I am a freelance Hairstylist and makeup artist. Basically I work on photoshoots but also have clients whose homes I go to and do their hair. Well, every single time I go to a clients house, I always panic for days afterwards. Of the fear I was exposed to an sv. I try not to interrogate them or ask how they have been because I don't want to come across as some weirdo. Well, today I had a client and like all of them, kids were there. And I had to cut the 2 year olds hair. So now and for the next few days I will be in panic mode. I love what I do and I continue to push myself and not give in to the phobia. That's why I am successfull. But I can't shake this intense fear that I was exposed. I asked my client today how they have been and she said fine. That doesnt matter to me though because non emets always say that. How do I cope? Maybe I am looking for reassurance so my next few days won't be hell. I don't know. I'm just so tired of this. I face it daily but the aftermath is always the same ole shit waiting game. Help. Sincerely I say, help. Thank you.

Default Re: please help. im trying so hard to be strong.

I know exactly how you feel. Youre not alone. Just because you go to their house, doesnt mean you can get sick. How often do you wash your hands? And look at my posts in the help and support, if you need me

Default Re: please help. im trying so hard to be strong.

Since you work with hair and makeup, you probably are already very hygienic since you are personally dealing with your clients. I think that if you are at least doing that, you should be fine!! Remember that just being around someone-even if they have sv*-can't get you sick! The only way is if you touch contaminated surfaces and then touch your face...so as long as you wash your hands you should be just fine. And since you are a makeup artist you should already know that touching your face is a big NO-NO! That's if you get occasional breakouts like me...