Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I used to post here a lot before the website was
    redesigned, and I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm not sure if
    anyone will remember me or not, but I hope so! Things are going alright
    for me - I hate my new job (still teaching 7th grade English, but I
    moved to be with Matt and ended up at a new school - it sucks).
    However, in October I got engaged and I'm getting married in July, so
    I'm *really* excited about that. (If anyone wants to see pics of my
    dresses and stuff, PM me... I could talk about it all day.) [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Anyway... I guess the real reason I'm posting is because I'm scared I'm
    having a setback with this phobia. I'd been doing so well, hardly
    thinking about it at all, and then this morning I had a bug... I was
    sick three times. My fiance was here and he commented on how calm I was
    (he knows all about my fear), and I really did feel alright about
    it, except for like the first minute after I got sick. But now it's
    night again, and I'm thinking about having to go to bed - what if I
    wake up sick again? I know I won't, but then again, I did this morning.
    I haven't been sick since like 8 am though. *sigh*... Sometimes it
    seems like I'm never going to get past this.

Oh my gosh - it doesn't help that I just saw a girl throw up on TV! On
    The Amazing Race - it had sounds, and you could see it and everything!
    Now I feel queasy again. :-(

</font>

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. You seemed to have handled itwell. I know I wouldn't have. I hope you feel better soon. As time passes again, you will feel better about this phobia and not think about it as much. I'm sorry you were sick. Take care.

I wouldn't worry about getting sick again. If it was a bug, the v'ing part should be gone by now. As far as "The Amazing Race"....I saw it too!! EEEEEEKKK! Man, there was alot of v'ing going on!! That was really starting to bother me, but I made myself watch it.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Hope you are feeling better now! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

I have set backs. Do not become discouraged. Keep fighting.

I am proud of you, you didn't panic when you became sick!! That's great! Just keep an openmind and a postivie attitude, because this shall pass.

Congradulations! Post your pics!
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Hey!!! Welcome back, of course we remember you!! Congratulations on getting engaged!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] You should just post some pics of your dress, I love weddings and seeing dresses, we could use some pleasant topics around here.

I'm sorry you were sick, but you know what? You seem really calm about it, not at all like you're freaking out. You know in your mind, in reality that just because it's night, you're not going to get sick. Try and make that more prominent in your head rather than the fear talking. You survived it and you even said it wasn't that bad. Try and keep that feeling close to you.

I hate the fact that reality shows think it's ok to film people being sick. I remember one time on Survivor and they showed it. MTV is really good for that and I can't watch anymore... probably good, my husband thinks I'm a tad too old for it.... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hi there. How did you get through it? What was it like? Was it as bad as you thought it would be? I dont think I could live through that!!

Hi, welcome back!!! I am so sorry that you are not well but you are being amazingly brave about it. I am proud of you. Congratulations on getting engaged. I am getting married in August and have booked the venue but that is all I have done. I am so stressed about it!Would love to see pictures of your dress.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Hey I remember you too! Welcome back! It's really great how you handled that and how well you've been doing! I'm sorry you were sick but geez you handled it like a pro! (bad word choice, who want to be a pro at that but you know what i mean lol) I agree that you wont' get sick again, especially if 8 am was the last time and it's night already. Congratulations on your engagement! taht's wonderful! Maybe you could do some of the plannign to take your mind off of worrying if you'll eb sick again? You probably have tons of plans to make still. Anyhow congratulations again ont he engagement AND on handling this so well. it's really incredible!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

wow... i think you did really well, getting sick 3 times and not ending up a nervous wreck!! i dont think ur having a set-back this cud be used as a step-forwards even!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.