Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi, my name is bri. i really don't know how i stumbled upon this place but i have a problem. well let me introduce myself first. i'm 14 years old, with a big throw up "phobia" if you would call it that. i've had this problem since i was a 2nd grader, and i would suffer from panic attacks. i've been on an anxiety/anti-depressant ever since. i really didn't know there was even a phobia of_____ with an actual name.it's very suprising. but, i'm very interested to learn more about this.

is this normal for anyone in here? my mom was____ all last night and i heard every thing. i ended up in a humongous panic attack, but now i'm so nervous to get the virus i have been getting quite neurotic about things. i wash my hands every time i pass a sink. i'm dis-infecting the telephone after shes used it. etc. and i'm worried sick. do you have any suggestions on what to do?

thanks for helping everyone.

Welcome to the site, we're here to listen and help. Use us for however long you need us, and read all about your phobia in the first post at the top of the general discussion.

Everything you are experiencing and feeling, we feel the same. You are very normal among us!

Welcome again, and hope you have a nice experience with us.

Hope we help.

Sonia

thank you, i'm quite relieved to know i'm not alone.

You are definately not alone. Sorry your mom is sick and you had to hear it. I get a twinge just thinking about that. Keep doing what you're doing and remember your hygeine. That's your first defense against getting sick. We're here if you need us, anytime! Welcome to the site.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. i've been washing my hands every 10 mins, literally!

kind of scares me.

Sweetie, it already sounds like you're doing everything
    you can. I'm sorry that you're having a rough time, and I hope things
    get better. We all know how you feel, so at least you have lots of
    people to talk to now. :-)</font>

Hey Bri! welcome to our family! your certainly not alone and there are plenty of people here willing to help you!

ems xx

Hello Bri!

Welcome to the site. Sorry that you are having a hard time at the mo with your mum being ill.

When washing your hands I'd recommend using your own towel, just in case and why not try going for a walk or something in the fresh air to clear your head a bit.

We all know what you are going thru. So glad you have found us and that we can support you during this panic-ridden time.

Hope your mum's better soon and your panic subsides. We are here when you need us.

Chloe x
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Welcome!

Try using a walkman and listen to some music, or take a walk, time permitting. It's not pleasent listening to something like that. Just keep washing your hands, and using your own towel, as previously said, especially before meals and taking part in common activities, like watching tv, or using the phone.

This too shall pass.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Welcome to the site! Jo is right in that keeping your hands etc clean is the best defense and you seemt o be doing that already. Wash your hands well before eating anything or touching any part of your face or preparing food etc and you should be fine. In fact soemwhere on here there's an entire post about bugs and avoiding catching etc. Anyhwo you've come to the right place. Everyone here is wonderful!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin