Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety that leads to nausea

So I always have been an emetophobic, but when I was in school, I didn't worry or think about it as much. I spent time with my friends in school and out of school. However after school ended, I soon became paranoid of throwing up at all so I don't like going out in public and I mostly stay at home with a pale in my room. I shoudl note this is caused partly because my anxiety makes me feel nauseas to the point where I could throw up at any moment. one last thing to note is I have been diagnosed with both PTSD and Dysthymia a form of depression.

Default Re: Anxiety that leads to nausea

you need more distractionn in your life....sitting around thinking/waiting for it to happen just makes things worse. have the doctors put you on any medication? i know prozac keeps me from obsessing about being sick really well.

you really need to force yourself out of your comfort zone and get a life back. the longer you put it off the harder it will be. just remember that you were able to go to school and hang out with friends and not be sick....so why would it be any different now?........only becuase you're thinking about it 24/7 and convincing yourself you will be sick.......push yourself......baby steps.....but push...
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.