Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Emetophobia Awareness Ribbon

Bracelets sound like a great idea!
    or ribbons!
    i would choose a light calm blue.
    calming is always good.

Wow, what a wonderful and bright idea! An awareness day like this could make such a difference.

Ribbon colour? Hmmm. Have to think about that one.... We all seem to respond so different to them. While some feel like bright colours activate panic others may associate neutral colours with you know what.
    I'd go for gold! Wow, that's so classy!! We really deserve that after all the hiding and embarrassment we've been through.
    Finally understood that winter really is wonderful...

AMAZING IDEA!

Should they be priced? XX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi guys,
    So many people have commented on my website interface with the lovely yellow sunflowers - that it's so calming and nice to look at. (See what you think my clicking on the link in my signature) So on Facebook I used a free image of a sunflower as sort of a "logo." We could get some ribbon that's got sunflower print on it.

And I've set the first Emetophobia Awareness Day as April 1, 2011. "Fools for Emetophobia!" Ya!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I like white too. I threw up pink one time, I will never forget that... not sure if pink is the greatest...

I like Sage's idea of a sunflower print! It's unique and calming! I love this idea in general though!!
    Everyone needs someone who understands!

I like it too. Lets do it.

I found some sunflower print ribbon online but it's blue. I was thinking about a more neutral background. If anybody is a good internet searcher maybe they can find some. I think there's such a thing as a ribbon-maker. Or some way to make ribbon from fabric. Then we could use sunflower print fabric. Here's one that I found....

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Weird. I can't get the picture to work

Geez sorry guys! Here's the link: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....d-29889bf8fb7b

Maybe I'll order some and see how many ribbons I can make for $7.98. Sell them or something...(shipping would cost more than the ribbon I'm sure!)

I know of a gentleman who does a weekly live show, and part of that show is announcing certain days in the upcoming week. Such as "Ignore Your Parents Day" and "Cousin's Day" and the like. I can contact him and see if I can add Fools for Emetophobia to his list.

You may find these links helpful!

I want one ! (: Tell me when you guys have made them! I also like the blue and gold idea!

Ooh I really want a ribbon I love the blue and gold idea as well
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

Ok guys I ordered the sunflower fabric! I'm going to try to make some ribbons, and I'll sell them basically at cost and the cost of stamps when you order them. They'll be pretty light in an envelope!

Cant wait to get my ribbon! Although I hate Emet, ii shall wear it with pride! If that even makes sense. . . Will you send to the UK? x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

if green represents safety....but blie would be a good colour.

Blue! Or a metallic-y blue...
    The ribbon is a great idea by the way

Default Re: Emetophobia Awareness Ribb&#111;n

I think it's a great idea. People really do need to be more aware of this phobia. Most don't even know it exists even though it's one of the toughest phobias to live with (it's kind of unavoidable...in the sense that you can't stay away from it like a person afraid of snakes could do....or people afraid of heights).

But I like the idea of blue being the color of the ribbon