Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question to go or not to go???

So, my friend wants me to meet her with my daughter at chick fillet...they have an indoor playground...my worst nightmare! She wants our girls to play together in there....seriously, how likely would it be for my daughter to catch a sv from there? There is no ball pit in there, thank goodness, but there are slides and things. Any ideas/thoughts?

Default Re: to go or not to go???

I stay far away from those. They don't clean them well at all and it is just a petri dish for germs. I wouldn't, but then again I'm paranoid...especially now that it is winter!

Ugh...we went...I'm trying not to let my emet ruin my daughters childhood...I hope I don't regret it!

I know what you mean. It is hard, but we have to let them live a normal childhood. Chances are she will be fine, us emets are just overly cautious too the point of being too much sometimes. Good for you, not to let the emet win!

Chik fillet?!? I only see those on commercials and I didn't even know they have play places? Maybenext time to ease your concern offer to go to lunch then to a park where I know there are still germs but they sit out in the sun, I let my kids play at the park I feel WAY more comfortable letting them play there then a indoor playground!

Its winter here and snowy and 20 degrees so parks are out for the winter!

I am the same way as you about the play place. Chic-fil-a is the only play place (at a restaurant) that my son has been in and it only if somebody else invites us (I never initiate it). But I never say no due to emet/germ phobia and he has never gotten sick from being there.

Quote Originally Posted by T's Mommy View Post
    I am the same way as you about the play place. Chic-fil-a is the only play place (at a restaurant) that my son has been in and it only if somebody else invites us (I never initiate it). But I never say no due to emet/germ phobia and he has never gotten sick from being there.
    Well I'm glad he hasn't gotten sick from there! That makes me feel better!

Glad I could help :-)