Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Any other fears or phobias???

I also have a fear of seeing a dead person. Like when I went to my great grandma's viewing, i couldn't look at her.. I get creeped out.

Worms of any kind or snails slugs etc.

spiders and heights. i can get a little anxious in enclosed spaces as well. but i have a phobia of spiders, heights i freak out and get dizzy but its not as bad as the spiders.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

All my other fears are related to my meet. I fear any type of travel due to travel sickness. I have no fear of death or pain, my fear of v* is stronger then my survival instinct. I worry that if I caught a sv what I might actually di to myself.

Most of mine are related to emet. I have a huge fear of needles, but not necessarily doctors. I fear doctors/hospitals because I'm never sure if i'll have to get a shot or whatever. if you could guarantee that wouldn't happen, I wouldnt have a problem. I have general social anxiety as well- mostly emet-triggered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, Phobias are gross manifestations of irrational fear, fears are extreme distastes.
    As for Phobias....

Gephyrphobia(SP)- Fear of bridges. For me, water bridges or low lying bridges, or even land bridges.
    Ligyrophobia(SP)- Fear of loud noise. I always immediately check outside to see if any nuclear explosions have detonated if anything about 140db erupts. *laughs*
    Hydrophobia- Any largebody water sources gets me anxious.

Worst combination fears... Waterfalls. Water Dams. A Water Dam who's floodgates have released.
    Worst possible combination.
    Having an unexpected SV* during a trip across the top of the Hoover dam as it's flood gates decide to open. *shivers*

Edit: Jeez, I'm pathetic xDDDD
    Last edited by Laonfait; 01-06-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Ehh, I'm not really sure why >.<

I'm afraid of heights now, when I never was before. Hospitals, doctors, dentists... it all scares me, which it never used to. And driving freaks me out now a lot more than it did before.

Oh, hell. Life, people, the world... it all freaks me out a lot more than it did before. Before my emet got so severe and jumpstarted all of these crazy fears. Hate it! >:[
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Heights, spiders and sharks/open water because of sharks.
    All are pretty avoidable - dont go up high, dont go in the sea - so don't control my life like emet so not sure if they count as phobias

I think its a lack of control thing... i fear heights because i'm scared i'll go crazy and want to chuck myself off it. I know that sounds mental, any one else get this? I don't want to kill myself, its just when i'm up high i get a sudden urge to jump...

Sharks is a control thing kinda cause there would be nothing I could do about it, and spiders just look out of control with all their crazy leg movements

Oh and, not sure what the name would be but, looking at tall objects gets me anxious for some reason. I can NEVER look at skyscrapers. I guess from Emetophobia I'm a little Mysophobic.

Getting stung by a wasp.
    I've been stung before, and it's not bad, but I'm still phobic of wasps/yellowjackets.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Thunderstorms. I hate the unpredictability of the noise and flashes, must be related back to our fear of losing control. It's much worse for me at night, most people I know aren't scared of them and sleep through it, so I'm up alone waiting anxiously for the next bang/flash. Everything is quieter too, and you can see the lightning much easier. I'm seemingly fine with them when people are with me.

I'm such a weirdo that I can't look at windows or at the sky when they're happening so I avoid being scared by the flashing. Strangely enough, when I was little when my parents were working my grandma would look after me after school, and if it was raining or forecast to thunder, I would make her drive me around in it, like it was less scary to be driving in it out in the open rather than being safe inside!

^^That's a bummer monkey_puzzle. Thunderstorms are absolutely fascinating to me and so beautiful. I love watching the lightening bolts light up the sky in such a magnificent way. It's aesthetically pleasing to me.

Now if the power goes out, that's a completely different story lolz

Yeah, it definitely sucks. I find them semi fun though when with people, e.g. a friend had a party a while back outside in summer and it was thundering and raining the whole time and it was one of the funnest parties I went to, and drove home in it fine because I had been out in it the whole night.

Definitely agree about the power going out, I hate the unpredictability of that too!

Note to self; cope with thunderstorms better by sitting out in the middle of it.

That sounds awesome!
    and yes, the unpredictability of power outages are frustrating. I went with my friend to the theatre one night to see a horror movie we'd both been anticipating to see and when I got home, it was storming and the power went out...and I was home alone...lol right after I had seen that movie at like 1am. I tried to sleep lol because what else can ya do when the power goes out? and all I could see when I closed my eyes were scenes from that movie. Yuck lol

I'm not a fan of driving, but I'm getting better. I can't STAND when my hair is wet on the back of my neck. It makes me jump every time. Showers and swimming is fine, but my hair is super thick and I take showers at night, so when I wake up and put on a shirt for the day, my hair always gets on my neck and I hate it!! I'm also afraid of needles, which causes me to panic and feel nauseous....it's really one big cycle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate spiders, but I wouldn't say I have a phobia of them. And since I became a stay at home Mom, I HAVE tokill them when my husband isn't home, otherwise they'll get me! Lol
    I also have trypophobia. And it's especially irrational because its visual. It's the fear of clusters of holes or dots. The holes and dots can absolutely positively not physically harm me in any way (as with other phobias, spiders can bite, thunderstorms, well lightning can strike you, heights, you can fall etc) so there's at least a possibility these things can harm you. A cluster of holes in tree bark isn't going to hurt mw, but the sight of it makes me itch all over and my chest gets tight.