Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok all...It has just been a wonderful day for me...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]First my med side effects, and now there is something wrong with my throat!

I looked at my throat in a lighted mirror, and the skin that is over my tonsils is really red...but yet my tonsils look fine! I also noticed maybe a white streak way in the back of my throat. It doesn't really hurt to swallow...but if I yawn, or swallow food, it hurts. I can now taste infection too! ICK!! Those are my only symptoms so far. I woke up that way, but figured it was just from my allergy drainage, but now I am starting to feel a bit icky and maybe feverish?

I read earlier in the week, about someone on these boards having tonsillitis, and was wondering how to tell if that is what it is. How does it feel? Grrrrrrrrr, when it rains it pours!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

OUCH! I'm Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Anyway, I looked up the symptoms of Tonsilitis, and I got this from Mamashealth.com:

What is Tonsillitis?
    Tonsillitis (ton-sil-lie-tiss) is an inflammation of the tonsils caused by an infection. In tonsillitis, the tonsils are enlarged, red, and often coated (either partly or entirely) by asubstance that is yellow, gray, or white. Tonsillitis usually occurs as part of a pharyngitis (throat infection). Tonsilitis usually begins with sudden sore throat and painful swallowing.
    A year and a half ago, I had Pharyngitis. My main symptom was a sore throat, fever,and some cold symptoms. I went to the doctor and they gave me an antibiotic that I don't even remember taking. The Pharyngitis pretty much went away on its own within about a week. My advice to you is to drink lots of orange juice, maybe some Immunity Defense. If that coats your throat and makes it all yucky, drink Iced Tea with lemon (which, might I add, helps n***** and upset stomach). I remember my boyfriend's Mother giving me a tea that is specifically for colds, sore throats, etc., and it helped greatly. Cough Drops are helpful for the pain.
    Get a good night's sleepso you can fight this in its early stages and fight it off!
    I Hope You Feel Better!

hey it does sound like you have tonsilities. I get it alot and one of the signs that it is this is white spots on your tonsils and the back of your throat as described above. You should go to see your doctor and get him to check it out because you will need antibiotics if it is tonsilitis. One thing you can buy over the counter is honey, lemon and glycerol syrup for sore throats. Dont take the dose stated on the bottle(normally a couple of spoon fulls) , just sip a tiny amount to coat the back of your throat, its quite soothing and it tastes nice too.

Charlotte, I'm sorry you're feeling unwell. As people above said it does sound like Tonsilitis. I hope you feel better tomorrow or if not go to docs to get kitted out with antibiotics to fight the mean little bacteria affecting your throat...

Feel better, hun and rest up well.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

If you notice white bumps way back on your tounge then it might be strep. I used to give strep cultures when I worked at the lab and thats what I saw when they come back positive. Plus your throat is so tender and painful. Hope you fell better soon.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support!! I am feeling alot better today! There is hope!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

If Iget like yesterday, or worse...I will go to the doc soon.

Charlotte