Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so i woke up this morning with some chest pain. now i've had chest pain before with sickness (colds/flu) and have only had heartburn like once or twice.

my mom seems to think it's heartburn. i was reading about it, and it doesn't always happen when you eat something that doesn't agree with you...so i think it might be that...but does anyone know what i'm talking about? i'm scared it's something serious and that i'll have to go to emerg or something.

it's right between my breasts, in the middle of my chest and i kinda feel like i have to burp alot, and it's tight....i took some tums and didn't eat too much (but couldn't exactly starve myself cause i was reallllly hungry!)

last night i ate some chocolate and a ceasar salad about 2 hours before i went to bed, odd thing is...that's not too weird for me. anyways...

any help would be appreciated.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

If the pain is anything more that what you know to be "heartburn" from indigestion, I would seriously go to the ER. You don't normally get tightness from heartburn either. What are the pains like?? Sharp? Consistant? When do you notice them most?

If your still not 100% sure...do some research online about heartburn or chest pain and their causes....that is how I decide what to do next. Maybe just call the ER and see what they say. Take care, and make sure you do what is right!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Charlotte

it just a dull ache in my chest. it's weird. i don't know what to do.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I get the same exactthing, especially since 2004. More than likely, it's anxiety. When I worry or get stressed out, my chest muscles tense up, this is what causes the pain. It's even gone to my shoulders because your muscles are all connected. Do something to relax your muscles, lay down and watch television.

If you really are concerned about it or the pain gets worse, call your doctor. If the pain is off and on, and stays consistent, then it's anxiety.

Feel Better!Edited by: missbecca

i guess i'll see how i feel tommorow.

Hope you're feeling better
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

hiya, heart burn doesnt always happen shortly after eating. There are certain foods that if i eat, i can get heart burn the next morning. Foods that do this for me are pastry, onions and some cheeses. It might well be heart burn, and being anxious about it is making it worse. I would get it checked out by a dr, but dont worry, its most likely going to be heart burn or indigestion.

try sipping some warm, not hot water, this is quite helpfull to me if i have heartburn or indigestion.

Sounds like heartburn to me, it doesnt even have to be a burning sensation in the throat, in fact thats what I have with my GERD is just chest pain. But to be safe I would have it checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm going to emerg right now.

Crazybeautiful - I'msorry that you are still not feeling great and that your chest still hurts. You are doing the right thing tho Chick.

Let us know how it goes - we're thinking of you x
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Please let us know what the doctors say

So i went to the hospital and he told me it was nothing. He took xrays and such and was thinking it may be phnemonia (but i didn't have any other symptoms - BUT he said it was possible that the sore chest, and pains could be just that) anyways, so we looked at the xray and he said it was all clear (lol - actually GAS BUBBLES came up on it...hahah, thought that was funny).

so he said it was most likely inflamation from a viral thing...since i'm around people all the time for school/work and theres so much stuff going around.

so theres really nothing i can do...unless of course it gets worse.

That is great that it is nothing serious!!!!! I bet you feel better now knowing that you don't have to worry about it! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Feel better soon!

YAY!......Charlotte

Good to hear that it's not serious.

I Hope You Feel Better!

That's good! Feel better!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

You must be soooo relieved that it is nothing too serious! I agree that being able to see the gas bubbles on the x-ray must have been funny[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Glad you are ok. Take care

haha, yeah i pointed at this big things, lol. he says 'yeah don't worry those are just gas bubbles!' .

thanks for the support guys!

This is a perfect example of eliminating risk. She was concerned and went to the hospital, and took care of the problem. I know what she was probably thinking,...heart attack.

If you ever experience chest pain that is really scaring you, than go to the hospital. Do not take chances, and take care of yourself.

Thumbs up for challenging the fear and taking care of yourself.

<font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>