Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I finally told someone

My husband knows about my emetophobia, and he is supportive but kind of has the attitude of "well there's nothing you can do about it so just live with it" but he's not mean about it or anything. My Aunt, who ous more like a sister knows and she's cool about it. But my parents don't know and my sisters and brother don't know. I'm the baby of the family and they've always thought I overreact about things. My Mom is very judgemental and would scoff at me if I told her.
    Well my niece was v Saturday at my parents' house. Today my Dad called and asked if we would watch their dog Friday night into Saturday because they're going out of town. He said we could stay at their house Friday night and then Saturday my sister needs someone to watch two of her kids while the other one has a swim meet. I told my Dad I wasn't sure what we were doing Saturday and i would call him back. I called my husband asking him to help me make up an excuse. I told my Mom we had a birthday party Saturday at a neighbors but my husband said he would come watch the kids Saturday morning. She said ok. He works part time at a bar Friday nights til like 3am. He said he would go over after the bar and sleep there and watch them in the morning.
    I broke down and called my sister and told her everything. She at first said "the kids aren't sick. she's been fine for days" I had to explain to her that even though I know she's not sick anymore, to me, in my mind, my parents' house isn't "safe" I think she finally realized how bad of a phobia this is when I started crying. She said it wasn't a big deal and they woukd just take the other two kids to the swim meet and that my husband doesn't have to come over after working late. It felt really good to tell her because she wasn't judgemental about it. But it still hurts that I can't just say to her "sure! You're my sister and I will watch your kids for you! Anytime!"
    And she made me feel a little better. I asked her when it was she went on her trip to Mexico and she said 93. I told her that was the last time I v. She said "Vomit free since 93!" Lol I guess its from "How I Met Your Mother" I must have missed that episode

Default Re: I finally told someone

it's always a relief to let someone close know what's going on........even if they can't totally understand. my husband and just a couple of my friends know. i knew these few people would atleast try and be understanding ......it's scary to tell someone and then to think they could turn and use it against you at anytime......i had an x husband that would get drunk and basically make fun of me .........so it was years before i trusted anyone else with it.

your sister sounds like she gets it.......it should relieve alot of stress now when it comes to her kids......

congrats!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I finally told someone

It's really weird. I don't have a disease myself, but my friend thinks he has it. Three days already. All of the sudden he is so afraid. And there's nothing we can do.

flv to avi convertor