Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do Sea Bands actually work?

I've seen a few people talking about Sea Bands and I got some for myself today. I don't actually suffer from sea/motion sickness but as I'm sure most of you do, I get nausious every day. I'm going to a gig and signing this Saturday (All Time Low for anyone that is interested :P) and I get really excited/nervous for things like that which in turn makes me nausious so I got the Sea Bands to use in the hope that they actually work.
    Do any of you guys use them and do you think they work? And can anyone tell me what exactly they are supposed to do?
    Be extraordinary!

Default Re: Do Sea Bands actually work?

I have them for myself and my kids. If my kids complain of a tummy ache or when we are in the car I put them on and they seem to work. It is a pressure point on your wrist. Read the instructions with them and just make sure you have it on the right spot on your wrists.

ive heard people say they work but myself i wouldn't use them. ill just take an anti-nausea.

When I was at school I had a friend with quite severe travel sickness. We went on a school trip and she took tablets. While she didn't vomit (thank goodness!), she complained the entire journey of feeling unwell. On the way back, the tablets had worn off, so she wore her sea-bands. There wasn't a peep out of her, no nausea, nothing!

I don't know why she didn't just stick with the sea bands!

If I suffer with chronic nausea in the future, I will definitely be giving them a try, after all there's no chance of any side effects and they don't cost much (I think my local pharmacy has them for £8 a pair) so it can't do any harm.

I used them throughout my pregnancies and they helped, but i didnt really have bad nausea so that may be why

where do you buy sea bands? i want some lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can buy them at a drugstore.

I wear Seabands with my usual anxiety-related nausea and it works. Some days I wouldn't be able to leave my home without them. I don't know if they work for every kind of nausea all the time but they definitely do work for me. I like them because, unlike antiemetics, I'm not putting chemicals in my body.

The only way to know if they'll work for you is to give them a try. You can buy them in any pharmacy.

i think they work!!

yes yes yes i believe in them and maybe thats why they work or some of the reason anyway. i have been wearing them for a couple of years now. i get car sick so i try to put them on before getting in the car but even if i forget i can put them on anytime and they work within 30 mins. funny, but i actually have them on now. The other day i was driving in the middle of Tokyo and usually if i am driving i am fine but i made myself car sick. By the time i got to where i was going i was very nauseated. i put my bands on and within about 40 minutes i felt better. Today i drove through tokyo again and even further this time, i went about 5 hrs away. Put the seabands on an hour or so before i left and i was fine!

i have some and i think they work, i wear them if i sart to get naseaous or if were going on the freeway. not sure if its a placeabo but they seem to work!
    "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."
    -Max Ehrmann