Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, I am really freaking now! My husband has d** and says his stomach is upset still. I don't know what to do. I had plans to go get a new CD tonight at Walmart, but I lost all urge to go. Now I am just consumed with fear!!!! My heart is racing, and my bowels are growling from stress!! I just want to cry!I can't take this crap anymore!!!! I thought I was over my anxiety attacks, but I guess not. I know now that I am faced with a possible bug, that I still cannot handle anxiety!!!!

I am hoping that he has d*** because he chews tobacco. (and swallows all the spit from it!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]) He has had the d*** on several occasions since he started chewing again in October...but he has never said his stomach ached!!! I can't take this SH** anymore!! I just can't!!! I just want to dig a whole somewhere, and never come out!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Sorry that you're panicky. If he has had d******* from chewing before, then that's probably what it is. As for the stomach upset, people usually have that with d*******, and the tobacco and swallowing all that stuff is probably what did it. I am a smoker, and it hurts my stomach when I have a cigarette sometimes, too. Has he eaten anything? If he hasn't, then the tobacco would definitely hurt his stomach. You see, tobacco tends to create stomach acid, which is what d******* really is. Just see how he feels as the night progresses. If you are scared, give him some quiet time and try to keep yourself busy, but also make sure he has everything he needs to feel better!

I am the same way with this sort of thing. I'm still worried about getting sick because my boyfriend was sick two weeks ago!

Take some deep breaths and try not to worry, even though it's very difficult to.You said you wanted to buy a CD? Getting out of the house might help you for a bit, but don't push yourself ifyou don't want to.

I Hope You Feel Better!

I agree that getting out of the house for a bit will probably help calm your nerves. Try to get out of the house and buy that CD you wanted. Just keep telling yourself that the D* is from the tobacco.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

When I find myself overwhelmed like that, I run around the house or go
    outside and get some fresh air and try to think about something
    else. I get the same way with my lower stomach. When I know
    someone is not feeling wel,l my bowels get irritated and make me have
    to go to the bathroom. Why is that? Its weird.
    Usually when you think someone is going to get sick how does it usually
    turn out? usually they are ok and we get ourselves in a panic
    over nothing. I hear ya about thinking you get over the
    anxioty then it comes back with another situation. Find
    somethings to do that will distact you from your thoughts and the
    feeling will go away. It always does eventually, doesnt it?
    Take care

yes i get the same way and have to go when i hear other ppl are sick. I f***ing hate it!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

let us know what happened
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Hi again, and thanks for all your support! As for right now, it seems things aremuch better than theywere when I first posted a while ago.

guliegirl-you are right...us emets tend to get ourselves worked up over nothing, which is exactly what I did.....even worse than I have ever been!!!!

I sat far away from him, and covered my nose and mouth with my shirt whenever he talked...then I got to the point to where I had to run upstairs and just get away from him. He even told me I have gotten worse with my emet! Go figure!!

As for having to go to the bathroom whenus emets find out someone has been sick (or could be sick)...I AM THE SAME WAY!!! I don't get d***, but I go good, if you know what I mean!! Why is that....that some of us do that when we find that out?? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Anyways, hubby just went to bed in the same room I am using the computer...I will be looking at him all night, wondering if he is gonna jump up and be sick. But so far, he seems fine. He even farted (LOL) which is a good sign that he doesn't have d*** anymore!!! (or else he would have d*** in his pants..LOLOL) AmI right about that??He has also said that he felt better after he passed gas, so I think you are all right...tobacco??

He thought that I freaked out so much about his chewing tobacco (with my emet), that he quit cold turkey tonight! He spit out what he had in his lip, and threw the rest of the can of it away....YAY!!!!! But.....now he smokes again! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]Guess that is better than him getting d*** all of the time, and keeping me on the edge!!!!

*sigh*...been a rough night, and may be a very long one for me! Thanks all for your help! Oh, I never went out to get my CD...I was too afraid to leave. Now I know I should have since he got better!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Charlotte, I am glad that you are feeling better. It isn't fun at all for us, we freak out when someone has the diarrhea thinking the vomiting will start next. I hate the anxiety attacks they control us so fast and at times for hours. When the anxiety gets the best of us we have the poops it is from stress, our bodies recognize it and bang we are sitting on the can hopefully with a good book. The next time you feel like this step outside and get some fresh air, just take deep breaths, that does help people. Hope all is well.

Rhonda

If he's feeling better (and farting [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]), chances are you're in the clear. When you are truly sick, you can't really fart. It could have either been the tobacco, or something that he ate. D******* is pretty normal to have now and then, and since he is feeling better now, I wouldn't worry.

I have just looked up some info on Nicotine and D*******, and guess what? One of the side effects is, in fact, D*******! I am figuring that a plant that can give you lung cancer can definitely upset your stomach if eaten.

So, go out and buy that CD, and Have Fun!

has anyone with the fear been to thearapy? i'm suffering bad right now and need some help

Quote Originally Posted by mom5

has anyone with the fear been to thearapy? i'm suffering bad right now and need some help

many of us have beento therapy and some of us have had some great success...please go to the treatments folder for some really good info.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Glad both you and your husband are feeling better. Maybe the fart was what was hurting his stomach and as you said the tabacco was the cause of the d*? Again, I'm glad your'e doing better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i'm going to a doctor tomorrow, i sure hope it helps

where is the treatment folder? i'm new at this.

AHAHAHAHAHAH LMAO at charzysbebe Glad things are going
    better. Too bad our sence of humor about the V word is not as
    good as it is about bowel bodily functions!!