Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry URGENT!: Going out in 30 mins... NEED HELP NOW!!

I've been feeling FANTASTIC these past few days. I've been eating all my meals and I've felt physically great. (Obviously the thoughts are still in the back of my mind, but because I've felt physically good, I've felt mantally good too). Today started off good, too. I had breakfast and by the time lunch time came, I was starving so I ate some soup and a scone afterwards! (Yum!) Then my sister and I decided to pop out to the shops to get some stuff to make beef stir fry. When we were leaving the shop, I suddenly didn't feel too well. (I'd had a slight headache for an hour or so but I've taken some pain killers for that). I drove back home and didn't feel any better. Now I can't eat my stir fry. What's wrong with me?? I hate this so much and I'm about to visit my boyfriend's mum's house and I'm scared I'll get sick there. Please help, I need some reassurance!

Default Re: URGENT!: Going out in 30 mins... NEED HELP NOW!!

I'm on the verge of tears... I just don't feel right.

i think that you probably just felt a little sick and you got scared. id just wait it off.. lay down a little while and watch a movie or soemthing to get your mind off of it! can you maybe read mine and help me?

Quote Originally Posted by dscott View Post
    i think that you probably just felt a little sick and you got scared. id just wait it off.. lay down a little while and watch a movie or soemthing to get your mind off of it! can you maybe read mine and help me?
    I'm trying my best, but my mind is just telling me that something isn't right. But then another part of my is telling me there's nothing wrong and that I should just go out and try and have a good time. Ugh, I hate this phobia.

I'll go to your thread now.

usually you can tell when you actually feel sick... if its in your throat its really just your nerves.. but you could scare yourself so much that you think you feel sick in your stomach... i hate it too... ill be in hibernation for a couple weeks away from the outside world while this virus is going around in this area..:/

I just feel like breaking down. It's horrible because it's just caught me right off-guard. Just need to try and think positive thoughts I guess. I've managed to get through it before, I can do it again.

I felt like that a couple of weeks ago when my sister had v* and d*. After a couple of days, I started eating normally again and just got on with my life. Living life is far more important than worrying about something that probably isn't going to happen.

So I've decided not to go and see Tom's mum. Once again, Emet wins.

I honestly don't believe headaches are a symptom of the stomach flu. It is possible that you can have a headache with the stomach flu, but I do not believe it to be a general symptom. Anxiety can make you feel sick for no reason at all. That is what I think is going on. Our brains are very powerful, and they can make us feel weird off guard if we are anxious about something. I think you will be okay! Enjoy your day! I have had the same exact experience where I was caught off guard, and my anxiety made matters worse for me.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. Tom just rung me and told me not to worry about it. He said I'd done really well these past couple of days so he'll let me off, haha! I hope it is just anxiety. Thinking logically, there's nothing I've eaten or done that would make me sick, so it literally is just my mind.

Okay I tried to get some sleep but I've just woken up and I feel SO SO SO sick. Please someone help me!

hi there! what have you eaten today?

Cheerios for breakfast (along with a probiotic), chicken soup (fresh from the tin) and two slices of bread for lunch and a scone about an hour afterwards. Haven't eaten anything since.

what time did you last eat? youll be okay. just go through these questions!!

About 2:30pm. It's 1am now.

okay! you said you started feeling yucky while out before you were going over your boyfriends moms?

Yep. My sister and I were getting ready to make something to eat. We impulsively decided to go out (I'd had my mind set on eating something simple like beans on toast or something) but I thought it might be nice to get stuff for a stir fry. Then I didn't eat because I felt funny and I decided not to go out because I was scared I'd get sick at his mum's house.

and how many hours ago was that... your symptoms seem to be reflecting anxiety piling up...

Erm, about 7 hours ago since.

haha were talking on two posts here! youre fine, anxiety is playing a huge role in this poor feeling! are you calming down?

Haha I know! I'm not shaking as much, but I still don't feel great. I'm too scared to even consider trying to sleep again.

watch some tv and just sip water, you will drift off to sleep.

I'm sleepy now so maybe I should try and sleep. Thank you all so much for your help. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And I'm sorry for the panic posts! Good night everyone.

rachel..... are you still on?

How did you make out? I had a night like this a few nights ago. I was sure it was it. It wasn't. Haha. I hope the same for you!
    waiting for the end to come...wishing i had strength to stand...
    this is not what i had planned...it's out of my control...

You're probably feeling nauseous now because you're hungry. Try eating a few crackers.

I'm okay now, thanks. Just made another thead because I have a new situation I'm dealing with.