Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Needing Advice Badly (may be graphic)

Hello,
    I came home yesterday after staying at my boyfriend's place for a week. Tonight he v*ed while at work, only once, but it was black. He has v*ed blood in the past, and has had stomach pain before, mostly when he's emotionally upset/stressed. I've been trying to have him visit a doctor to have it checked out to no avail. The problem is, I'm obviously terribly worried about him, but feel guilty for worrying even a little bit about myself. Since I do not know for sure why he v*ed (long shot, but it could have been dark from something he ate..which leads me to contemplate f*p* or the dreaded s*v*) I've been anxious about contracting something from him. I don't know what to do. I feel terrible about having anxiety over this when this could be a serious problem with him. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!

Default Re: Needing Advice Badly (may be graphic)

I would not feel guilty. Your boyfriend has to understand how seriously hard it is for you to deal with this. Just keep pushing him to see a doctor since he's had the pain before but I would be keeping my distance too. He will just have to understand. That is just how we are.

Thank you! He does, I'm very lucky. I just can't shake the worry and go to sleep. Worried about him mostly, but what my chances are of getting this if it is something contagious. =/

Stomach pain and vomiting black blood are signs of an ulcer- especially as you said it happens when he's stressed. But any case of vomiting blood should be a trip to emergency or walk in/urgent care!

We have something called NHS direct that allows you to put your symptoms in and it tells you tips for treating at home, or if you need to seek medical help (and what kind). Maybe if you found something like that and it told him to go to hospital he might take it a bit more seriously? If you have a smart phone you should be able to get 'symptom checker' apps.

He gave the description of "melted chocolate", but he didn't eat anything of the sort today. Drank a good amount of soda, but I'm almost positive that wouldn't be enough to make v* THAT dark. I've been trying to tell him it's very possible that it's an ulcer and that he should definitely be going to the ER right now, but he's being extremely stubborn. I have no way of getting him there myself, especially when he refuses to go..

It is possible to v* stools if there is an obstruction in the bowels. Usually the v* will appear dark and tarry in appearance.

He needs to see a doctor this is not right.

my brother v*d black before because he ate too many cupcakes which had black frosting on them. make sure you know what he ate before getting too worried, but i would see a doctor just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call the ER or if your doctor's office has a helpline or a nurse line, call them. Describe his symptoms and ask if you should come in. They will know, and also if they say yes hopefully he will concede and allow you to take him. I hope everything is okay!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!