Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hiya, I know I am being silly but I do need to put my mind to rest on this one. Just received a parcel of car wash stuff I ordered from a guy in another part of the country ... the same part of the country where they keep on closing hospital wards due to this nasty v* bug. I am now out of my mind with worry, wiped all the contents with antibac kitchen wipes, and wiped my hands several times too, but still worried that germs will be on the surface and will now be on my hands. Just dont feel I will be able to wash my hands enough.

This has really upset me because I felt I was doing so good up until now, had a good few days panic free and now this stupid parcel sets me off again.

Sarah xxx

I would do the same thing!!! lol Good luck!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Even if what you are afraid of were true, there is the possibilty that the virus died in its travels, and definitely after you wiped it! In my opinion, you took the best preventative measure that you could. If you are still worried, let the car wash sit for a few days just to be sure.

I Hope You Feel Better!

At least its not just me then LOL

Seriously though, after wiping it all I popped them into a new carrier bag and left it under my desk in work. If there is anything on it I would hope its well and truly dead by the end of the week!
    Sarah xxx

Geez, I think that a "non-emet" would have done the same thing!! That is sort of scary, because depending on the virus, some bugs live a few days on surfaces...BUT, I think that the cold weather would have wiped out anything they may have been "alive". I would have done the same thing!!! You will be fine![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Charlotte