Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "My Strange Phobia" Discovery Health channel

I missed it! where can i watch the full episode??

There was a post that said it will be on again on the 31st but i didnt see it on the discovery channel guide

i can't find it either on the 31st....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I showed my parent's the show. All the people I have talked to about my anxiety never figured this out. I tried telling my parents and they said I would grow out of it. After showing them some of the youtube clips that got a better understanding.

Thank you for doing this
    ~C~

Nerves and butterflies are fine - they're a physical sign that you're ready and eager.* You have to get the butterflies to fly in formation, that's the trick.* ~Steve Bull

I haven't looked yet, but you can probably torrent them if they aren't posting them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Exclamation Re: "My Strange Phobia" Discovery Health channel

I think My Strange Phobia is coming on again soon. I want to watch it, but i'm scared. It doesn't actually show a person, getting sick, does it? That's the only way i'll watch my strange phobia.
    hi. i'm Andrea. i'm a new member. I'm not really that scared about myself getting sick, unless I start to feel nauseated. But i'm scared to death of seeing others getting sick. Even when they say they don't feel good, I panic.
    My favorite tv show used to be little house on the prairie, until they showed they showed an episode where Albert Ingalls got very sick everywhere due to morphine withdrawl. I haven't watched little house since. and I used to be such a fan of that show. I could never get enough of it. That's how bad my phobia is.
    asokol

Thank you so much for doing this!! I really want to see the episode but can't find it anywhere. =( Just little clips and pieces.

hopefully they will show it again on the new fit & health discovery network....since oprah took over discovery health they now show the programs on the fit & health channel.....
    how i feel about emet

Does anyone know what the episode number was? I want to try to get it.

You may find these links helpful!

Gcepeda, Thank you so, so much for filming in that show. I have had emetophobia for as long as I can remember but I never knew it had a name. I thought I was a freak, the only one out there who has a panic attack around v*. When your show came on and you introduced yourself my life compleatly changed. If it weren't for you, I never would have found this site and I would still be alone. Thank you!

Gcepeda...what is the name of your therapist in Chicago? Think I'm finally ready to take that step Thanks!

I'm watching the show right now. It looks like it was really tough but how brave you are! How are you now? I realized you were on this site (I've been for a while) after researching the show"My Strange Phobia". I recently wrote to Dr. Phil regarding being afraid to vomit. I used to be afraid to see others vomit but now it's mostly just getting sick myself....I'm far from over it. This fear effects every aspect of my life as it does most who have the phobia. Thanks for the coverage on this fear. I'm watching now, I'm anxious to see how you did!

Where can i watch or download the show?

It was on the discovery channel. Google "My strange Phobia" discovery channel. Hope you find it! Im sure it will air again but the discovery channel site should tell you when.

hard to believe this cannot be watched on hulu or downloaded somewhere?

I'll check around...

His name is Dr. Mark Pfeffer. He treats various anxiety disorders including OCD and hoarding. Just saw him on that Hoarders show. Give him a call!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    His name is Dr. Mark Pfeffer. He treats various anxiety disorders including OCD and hoarding. Just saw him on that Hoarders show. Give him a call!

does he specialize in emet too? do you have his contact info?

I watched this!! Your story is the one that showed me that I'm not alone!!! That is how I found this website, I googled it while watching your episode! I'm now seeing a therapist about it. Thank you so much gabby!!

wow this is so cool! i wish i got cable so i could have watched it...

I wasn't emet at the time this was filmed and now I've found out about it and I can't find it bloody anywhere online! Does anybody have a link?

also it's heartbreaking seeing you in the exposure i think my heart went into my ass

try typing in "my strange phobia- emetophobia" in youtube, although i think it's only part of it :/
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3