Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Burping... Anyone else weird like me? :) LOL

***warning, some people may find this too much... If you can't stand the *B* word, turn back now!

So... Here's the deal. I just burped (like, a "normal" burp) for the first time in like... Forever. And it was just a random, out of nowhere thing. Usually if I have a gas build up where I feel "burpie" it just kinda gurgles at the back of my throat. Idk. It's weird. If i have a "real" burp it feels like *V-ing (the only time I usually burp is when *V-ing). Anyway, even just HEARING someone burp really loud makes me *N. And on that point, most people can burp at will... For me, the best way to describe it is like my body physically doesn't KNOW how to do that.

Is anyone else messed up like me??? Lol

Default Re: Burping... Anyone else weird like me? :) LOL

Yeah this happens to me too! I never burp. I don't even think I know how to lol. It's happened a few times, but it does feel like you're gonna v*. It's weird though because there would be no intense nausea and it just happens out of nowhere.

As far as worrying about other peoples' burps, as long as the smell doesn't come near me, I am fine. Which I am glad for since my best guy friend burps all the time!!

I usually burp before I get sick. I honestly hate it. It makes getting sick feel even more worse. lol haha
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBHartnett View Post
    I usually burp before I get sick. I honestly hate it. It makes getting sick feel even more worse. lol haha
    I do too but only sometimes. Also hate it.

I never burp either. Burped for the first time in memory... 3 nights ago and it was really strange. But I'm not emetophobic towards myself vomiting, only other people. Maybe some people just don't burp as often.
    Come visit my history blog:

I am sooooooo scared of burping and now that people are saying they burp before v* scares me a lot. I only remember burping 3 times in my entire life....once was when I gagged, once was just random and I felt sick and got extremely scared and I guess the last time was also really random, about 8 years ago!! Soooooo yeah..the noise and burping is what I think scares me the most about v*!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I burp all the time, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by progeriac View Post
    I burp all the time, haha.
    Me too.

yeah, if someone else burps the anxiety in my stomache waves up and down

Yeah, I'm totally a burper, but I have indegestion like mad these days.

My husband is a burp trooper as well lol but if I'm on edge like some days his loud burps startle me.