Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looking for some emet friends?

Hi all I am looking for some emet friends who know exactly how it feels to have this phobia, and how it is a daily struggle, as although my partner and mum suppor me they really can't ever understand. I am not on FB as I deleted iy throuugh to many status' about sick people. I am on blackberry messenger if. Anybody would like to chat

Default Re: looking for some emet friends?

Do you have MSN? I could do with a friend to talk to as well.

Hi no I don't have msn sorry.

That's a shame. D: I don't have BB Messenger.

Ah! Where are u from? How long have u had emet?

I live in the UK and have suffered with Emet ever since I can remember. It's become much worse since June this year when I managed to get food poisoning from a weird tasting sausage sandwich. I've started washing my hands like crazy, I now suffer from anxiety attacks and I wake up every day and wonder if I will get sick. It controls my life and I can't wait to start seeing a Therapist next year to hopefully sort all this out.
    How about you? How long have you been like this?

hey, i live in the uk too but only have msn...wish i had a blackberry phone but seems i'm still living in the past with a brick style nokia! lol

I have both

I'm in the uk, and have suffered from emet for around 10 years, I suffer anxiety and panic attacks all day everyday! I have two young children aswell which doesn't help things. Everytiime they cry I think their goin to v* its awful living in fear.

Where r u from bex?

I'm from the South of the UK, not far from London. How about you?

I'm from east anglia uk. Has anyone found a way to control their anxiety?

I'm in south east uk too not far from london. I have a bb, pm me if you want my pin

Heyy, it's nice to see that there are other people on here from the UK too! Most people seem to be from USA/Canada!

I've suffered from emet for about 6 years now, though it's always a lot worse in the winter when I read about it in the news (normally the daily mail scaremongering!).

RachelPedli mines been worse since I had food poisoning from a sausage too!! It happened in April and took me by surprise, very scary. Deffo don't eat sausage anymore

Talking Re: looking for some emet friends?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelPedli View Post
    Do you have MSN? I could do with a friend to talk to as well.
    Wanna talk to me?

I have msn but I dont have a BB

I don't have either, and I'm not on facebook as it stressed me out. I know it's not the easiest, but I'm willing to PM with anyone on here about anything if you need it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anyone in this thread up? I'm having a really hard time but haven't the energy to post a new topic

Hi bex. How are you today? X

Whoa, sorry for the late reply cara I've had a tough few weeks, so haven't been on here much - thanks for the concern though, I pulled through I hope you're all OK!! x

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseR View Post
    Heyy, it's nice to see that there are other people on here from the UK too! Most people seem to be from USA/Canada!

I've suffered from emet for about 6 years now, though it's always a lot worse in the winter when I read about it in the news (normally the daily mail scaremongering!).

RachelPedli mines been worse since I had food poisoning from a sausage too!! It happened in April and took me by surprise, very scary. Deffo don't eat sausage anymore
    The bloody Daily Mail is the worst for scaremongering at this time of year...have you noticed how they never actually get their facts right, too?! I'm certain that the majority of the journalists are temps, the articles are so poorly written!

Noticed a lot of East Anglia/South East folks on this post... any of you near Norfolk?

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    The bloody Daily Mail is the worst for scaremongering at this time of year...have you noticed how they never actually get their facts right, too?! I'm certain that the majority of the journalists are temps, the articles are so poorly written!
    This is why I prefer the BBC News app on my phone! :-)

If anybody has MSN and would like to talk, let me know. I'd love to talk to someone who feels the same way as me.

Anyone available to talk, having a very bad evening?!

I am available

Hi I need ure advice, my 3yr old has a sv* he staying with my mum tonite, she lives two doors away. I'm sooo petrified I've caught something of him, although I wasn't with him wen he v* I've only been in the house and I haven't kissed him or been near him. I'm still soooo scared!! He's my world but yet this phobia won't let look after him! I'm feel so awful! Feel a bad mum, I'm overcome with panic and anxiety, I can't eat and I know I won't be sleeping tonite! Any advice for me?

I don't have a child so I don't know exactly how you feel but I do know the fear. Its paralyzing but the best thing I've found is to just do something that you'll take your mind off of it. Watch a good movie, read a book, listen to music or take a bubble bath. Anything relaxing that will distract you. And remember that your son is well taken care of.

How are things, Cara?

Hi bex, well my little man still isn't well the v* only lasted 2hours. But now he has a bad cough and cold and a high temp, he's very sleepy and burning to touch. Doctors for hime tomos. I'm still extremely anxious! My stomach has been in knots the whole time, and I've only managed to get 3hrs sleep. Praying I'll be ok!