Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ways/Resources to help get over Emet?

Are there any free resources/videos or anything out there that might help overcome this fear? I hate how bad it's gotten this year and I am desperate to get some help. Insurance doesn't really cover counseling and we can't afford it with a baby on the way. But I am desperate and I want to do something about it.. I'm sick of it taking over my life. I want to at least go back to where I was before this year.. where I feared throwing up.. but I didn't panic or freak out like this and I was still able to live my life. So I was wondering if there is anything out there that might help at all?

Default Re: Ways/Resources to help get over Emet?

I would also take any advice that anyone would be willing to share ... if anyone would be willing to talk to me about it.

I'm just so desparate to get over this..

mhp8982 - you can find lots of help and resources on my website (link below in my signature line). My resource page is completely free with no advertising and there is a "self-help" section there for folks who can't afford therapy. If you have any specific questions after reading it or while you're working through it feel free to email me anytime. That goes for everyone!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you! I will definitely check it out. I actually did make an appt at a place recommended by my OB. My insurance does cover it and its not too bad really. I'm just ready to get over it.