Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Someone else is working on a noro vaccine...hooray!!

Alright I know I am obsessed with the norovaccine...so much I recieve google alerts on anything new. So, this one just came in the other day and of course I had to share with my fellow emet friends. Exciting to see other companies working on a vaccine. The more the merrier!

Here is a small section in the article that mentions the vaccine:

Arizona-based VAXX has completed preclinical testing and will soon initiate a human trial of a tobacco-based vaccine for Norwalk norovirus, which causes gastroenteritis in as many as 74M Americans each year. If successful, the company will likely extend its technology to other vaccines.

Default Re: Someone else is working on a noro vaccine...hooray!!

It all sounds very promising. Im a bit impatient though and wish it was here already and easily available for everyone who wanted it. Id be willing to pay for the peace of mind alone.

I know I wish they would get something available sooner than later! Do you have a link to the article?

I read about this study a few years ago when they first started it. I'm glad that they are getting somewhere with it
    Colleen

Here is a link to the company!

http://www.vaxxinc.com/programs.html

There are actually like 4 or 5 big ones at the moment, I'd heard about the tobacco one awhile ago. I'm glad it made it to trials! Very impatient.

Thank goodness! While I'm terrified of needles, I'll take my chances with an injection and be the first one in line to get this vaccine! And then, I'm getting both my kids vaccinated, too. Why weren't drug companies working on this sooner? There's been a flu vaccine out for decades.

Tobacco-based? Hmm, that's interesting, is tobacco meant to kill noro then?

Quote Originally Posted by Elski View Post
    Tobacco-based? Hmm, that's interesting, is tobacco meant to kill noro then?
    No it's a method of "growing" the vaccine (the vaccine is the virus that can't reproduce) within the plant. They tried this about a decade ago with potatoes as well, but it seems like tobacco is a better growth medium. It's exactly the same as how they'd worked with the influenza vaccine. They used to grow them in fertile chicken eggs, but they're realizing can work in smaller cells too. An egg is basically just a giant cell.

I would be at the head of the line to get a vaccination against norovirus!!

I am not all for the vaccination of the norovirus. I alway seem to think that if I get vaccinated then I too will become sick. So, will I get the vaccine? No. That's great though they are working on a way to help people not get sick. This helps reduce the spread of the virus which is always good. I wonder if this will make the virus less common!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The virus in the vaccine is not physically capable of reproducing and therefore cannot make you sick. They give vaccines to people with compromised immune systems and even they don't get sick, it's really not possible, if that helps you feel better about vaccines in general.

Yes, I completely echo was person54321 says. Vaccines cannot possibly make you sick. People who report they got sick from a vaccine were just unlucky enough to already be incubating the illness (or an illness). Vaccines for viruses such as seasonal influenza (flu) are "killed" viruses so they cannot possibly reproduce in your body. There is no science to the contrary that I know of.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks! That makes perfect sense! That really makes me feel better about vaccines.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:

I'm glad! If you have any questions I can try to answer them, I used to work in a vaccine lab.

Person 54321 it is great to have your knowledge here on this site! I always am happy when you respond to my posts, because you really seem to know what you are talking about. Thanks for being such a good resource for these vaccine posts!

YESS! I'll sell what's left of my soul to get it first! I swear, all they need now is a permanent antiemetic shot

Aww shucks! I obsess about statistics/numbers a bit like I obsess about emetophobia, I really like reading clinical trials and studies. Totally weird, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Girl_Wonder View Post
    Thank goodness! While I'm terrified of needles, I'll take my chances with an injection and be the first one in line to get this vaccine! And then, I'm getting both my kids vaccinated, too. Why weren't drug companies working on this sooner? There's been a flu vaccine out for decades.
    Yeah me too. I don't like getting the flu shot, though I wonder if this would have the same effects. Some people show flu like symptoms after getting that shot..I would definately like to see what the outcome is for a little before I would just jump into gettin it (but I'm paranoid so..there ya go haha).

Ooops, Just read what Sage said

i won't be first in line to get this vaccine until i see how good it works and any side effects. i still think were a good 2-3 years away from a public release.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Vaccines cannot possibly make you sick.

not to argue but yes they can, especially the flu vaccine mist. it says right under the side effects it can cause mild symptoms of fever, soar throat, cough and even V in kids.

No one is saying no side effects, but vaccines cannot give you an illness.

The side effects test subjects experienced from LigoCyte's were itching, bloody nose, and other side effects that were local to the vaccination site.

Thanks for the info about the tobacco, person54321, really interesting!