Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Fashion Talk/Advice

Hey. I thought i'd make this thread as it's something pretty much everyone can relate to and join in on - fashion! It doesn't even have to be necassarily about what is in fashion now, it could be what you personally like to wear, what makes you feel comfortable or just a particular style you think should be more popular that perhaps isn't? Also, I would like to think of this thread as somewhere people can seek advice about fashion/clothing.. maybe you want to seek some advice on what particular kind of skirt goes with a certain colour top.. I don't know! Anything you like about fashion/style/clothing - discuss here!

I myself am going to try and seek some advice here to begin with! I've recently bought a pair of brown brogues and they look really good on, just.. what do I wear with them?! I'm usually pretty good at putting outfits together but I really don't know with these. Any advice would be nice but preferably from women living in the UK as I'm not sure if style differs in the US and Aus? Probably!

Default Re: Fashion Talk/Advice

Hiya,

I usually wear my brogues with the peg-leg or chino style trousers or sometimes I wear them with skinny jeans, especially if the jeans are a different colour other than the usual denim blue colour. I usually just go for the tighter, ankle-cutting lengths to give some space around the ankle before the shoe starts if that makes sense haha.

Hey, thanks for your reply! I did actually have chinos in mind but then what about the top half of me? Vest? Cardigan? I'm swaying that way anyway!

In the fall I like to wear a long sweater with a cami underneat, leggings tucked into boots. I like horseback riding style boots or Hunters/Wellingtons. I love fall weather an all the accessories, hats, scarves, mittens

High waisted skirts, big belts, and huge sun glasses (:

I have no sense of fashion at all. I usually just wear what makes me feel good, but I've recently been trying to buy some nicer pieces, because I want to adultify my wardrobe. I'm losing weight at the moment, but I'm still fairly big. What do you guys suggest, like styles and stuff, for someone who's a bit bigger? You guys seem like you're fairly fashionable.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High waisted skirts ! they are perfect ! the squeeze you in and cover some big parts, or baby doll dresses.

here's a link of a skirt : http://www.google.com/imgres?q=high+...:429,r:16,s:32

Ahh, most of you guys seem to be pretty clued upto fashion or even just what you feel comfortable in! That's not always easy, I struggled with my style/fashion identity for quite a long time. & Kaydee, I would reccomend some high waisted jeans, they look so hot on and especially on curvier girls! High waisted jeans, some nice ankle boots or flats (whatever you prefer!), a tucked in vest or just a t-shirt, depending on what sort of look you're trying to create and a light jacket (:

Wow, I feel so fashion clueless. I wear jeans a a T-Shirt pretty much everywhere!

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Wow, I feel so fashion clueless. I wear jeans a a T-Shirt pretty much everywhere!
    The jeans and t shirt combo is a classic! I did say this thread wasn't based on fashion but merely based around fashion really. It's good that you feel comfortable in what you where, whatever the style!

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    because I want to adultify my wardrobe.
    Lol, Erin <3. I'm trying to do the same thing, however I still wear shirts that have tootsie pops on them Or lemons next to a glass of lemonade saying "This is seriously messed up" HAHA

I love wearing leggings, they really flatter my curves. When I wear leggings I wear a long shirt with them, more dressy. If I wear jeans it's usually accompanied a t-shirt. I always wear the same necklace every day, it's a silver chain with an "M" charm (my name is Michelle)

I have so many styles. it depends on my mood really. OH! in the winter, I looooveee hats! I have a whole draw full of them!

I am a HUGE skinny jeans/leggings wearer, I don't know what it is but they just suit me best? I also love wearing high waisted shorts in both the summer or winter with knitted tights and boots. I also love sheer/chiffon shirts with pretty lace vest tops underneath. Oh and I am a huge scarf fan, the size of my scarf collection is worrying
    Susie

I think sweaters are nice. Warm fuzzies help soothe emetophobia. I like both cable knits and regular.

What is everyone thinking of the new spring trends? I am loving all the color this season, and the super tailored trench coats, wrap dresses and snake accessories. I'm also totally in love with the Stella & Dot Spring 2012 line OMG. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten wearing my green serenity stone drop earrings with a super fitted winter white trench, dark fitted jeans (bootcut, skinny jeans are notoriously unflattering unless they're tucked into tall boots) and chocolate brown stiletto boots.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Great topic-I'm way into clothing and shoes (and makeup, nails/pedis, facials-anything typically associated with being a girl).
    It's funny-on the weekends my go-to look is sweatpants,wife-beater, ponytail and no makeup unless im doing something special (meaning something besides cleaning, grocery store, target/walmart etc) During the week at work, I go all-out in 4 inch heels, dresses, full makeup, etc. I guess its a good thing i work cause otherwise im not sure if i would ever get dressed
    Bad as it sounds, I'm a total clothes-snob. Nothing cheers me up like retail therapy.
    My biggest complaint is how almost all Chain stores in the US do the vanity sizing. I have difficulty in finding clothes that fit properly cause of this. I'm not large (5'3 & between 105-107 lbs) so by normal sizings I should be a size 2 or 4, but in many stores those sizes are just too big.
    Case in point: I've been shopping at the White House Black Market for years and have stuff I bought from them 3-4 years ago in sizes 2 & 4. I bought a super-cute skirt a few mos ago from them in a '00' and it's still too big in the waist. When I hold it up to my older clothes from the same store the newer skirt has the same proportions as the older stuff. Wtf is that about? Like I said, I'm not big,but am nowhere close to what a REAL '00' would be.
    Does this irritate anyone else? I guess my biggest complaint is that clothes are expensive enough without having to pay extra to have them altered because retailers want to 'ego-boost' women. I went to London once and their stuff was pretty much spot- on in size conversions. Is this vanity sizing practice something exclusive to the US?

My friend wears her brown brogues with black tights and denim shorts. Maybe with a nice jumper and matching brown leather jacket? Or just with skinny jeans, a nice top and coloured cardi. I LOVE brown, brown shoes, brown bags, brown beady necklaces haha I always wear colours that suit my brown accessories like a cream top with a red/berry/green cardi etc.

I like fashion a lot but i'm not particularly out there, i'm a sucker for nice clothes though. I like having a good pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of boots with a nice top and cardigan, and I own sooooo many scarfs haha. I'm quite a colourful dresser, lots of red and green my faves.

Linking this all back to emet someone mentioned high waisted skirts...I love the way they look but when i'm concious of my stomach boy do they make me feel sick they can be so tight!

Tasha - google Alexa chung images! She wears brogues a lot and her style is gorgeous.

Kaydee - have you seen winners & losers? Its super cheese aussie TV but the girl with the red hair who is quite big for tv standards always looks adorable - the whole 50s-influenced thing is so lovely and accentuates curves! My sister is super curvy and she wears heaps of vintage stuff and man I wish I could dress like her but I look like a little kid playing dress ups haha :P

I love this thread! I could talk about fashion all day

Quote Originally Posted by ssjj View Post
    I am a HUGE skinny jeans/leggings wearer, I don't know what it is but they just suit me best? I also love wearing high waisted shorts in both the summer or winter with knitted tights and boots. I also love sheer/chiffon shirts with pretty lace vest tops underneath. Oh and I am a huge scarf fan, the size of my scarf collection is worrying
    I LOVE scarves! I have a huge box of them and I get teased a bit that that's my "signature look" ha ha (and that's after I just cleaned the box out and donated a whole bunch!) My dream is to have a distressed/vintage style white ladder in my hallway to display all my scarves on... sigh... *dreaming now*

Yoga pants are acceptable for any occasion haha just kidding but my general 'style' or lack there of, consists of yoga pants, leggings, camisoles and long cardigans, english riding boots like lizzo has already said and that's about it really. haha I hate jeans--they are so uncomfortable and I like the way I look in leggings. I hope that doesn't sound vain or anything :/

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    Yoga pants are acceptable for any occasion /

LOVE yoga pants, I'm currently wearing my favorite ones (they are called Slim Gym, from Aerie) so comfy ! I wear them all the time, haha (:

Haha me too! Love em'!