Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! I kissed my sick boyfriend and now I'm terrified...

I've been spending time with my boyfriend since last night around 7pm. We had dinner and went to see a movie, where we shared a bag of popcorn and an ICEE with one straw. We spent the night together, and between last night and this morning, I have kissed him several times. This morning, he left at 11:30am and said he was feeling fine, but not very hungry. At 2pm, he bought and ate some macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders from a sort of buffet-marketplace, and then he went to work. He had to leave work around 3pm because he had a headache and felt like he might v*. Does this sound like he ate something bad that might cause f*p* (maybe from the cheese?), or does it sound like a s*v*, or merely an upset stomach? It is now almost 7pm and he still feels queasy and is resting. He hasn't v* at all and says the n* has been decreasing but he did have d* around 4pm. What does this sound like? I'm so afraid that it might be contagious!!!

Default Re: Help! I kissed my sick boyfriend and now I'm terrified...

Sounds like reaction to food maybe. That happens to me with spicy foods, makes me d* and n*. I'm sure you will be fine, hope you are both okay .

yes, just sounds like a certain food he ate...i think you are fine. if it were a sv, then you didnt kiss him before he was ill so you arent exposed anyway

i kissed my boyfriend before i left and then 3 hours later he had the full blown stomach virus. and i never caught it.

on a sidenote: what movie did yall watch?

great info xoxokt!! love hearing stuff like that i love your name btw, my name is katie

I hope it was just a reaction to food, but I'm still unsure. I've been calling and texting him like crazy to check on his symptoms! He asked me to buy him some mineral oil - does anyone know how it works if you take this orally? Isn't it just a laxative, or could it make him v*? When I took him the mineral oil (which took A LOT of willpower on my end), he said he had eaten a salad with grilled chicken and some gummy worms for dessert!!! How can you eat that much strange stuff after feeling very n* just a few hours earlier?! He said that on a scale of 1 to 10 for n*, he is now at a 1 while earlier he was at an 8 or 9. Should I still be worried? Can an s*v* behave like that for now, and maybe come back soon in full force?

I'm so anxious and afraid of this! [SN: Earlier today, I had to attend a meeting. Our original meeting place was occupied, so we had to move to another place and guess what it was called? The Feer Room! I am so sure that this was a sign for how everything will turn out.] When I went to visit him, I cried because of having to be around him and not wanting to make him feel terrible if I run away. It's awful. He tried to rub my back and comfort me, which was sweet but made me feel even more afraid because of potential germs. I hate this fear and the way it's affecting me and making me afraid of my boyfriend.

Oh, and for xoxokt, the movie was Safe House. I thought it was really good, but my boyfriend didn't like it so much.

You're going to be fine! How is he now? Sounds like just a mildly bad reaction to food, but seeing as he didn't actually v*, then you definitely won't! x

He says he's feeling "fine," but he was also saying that yesterday just to calm me down. I know that noro is going around here, and I worry that he may have had a touch of it and that I could still catch it from him.