Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Health Care Clinics?

I have to go for bloodwork today, due to my Lupus, and I'm really nervous. Not so much about the needles, but about with everyone being s* lately.
    I dread waiting rooms because in my mind waiting rooms/doctors = s* people and germs.
    I know not to touch my face and all that hygiene stuff, but what are the chances that the person actually doing the bloodwork and touching me caught it?
    Should health care workers be more careful around patients when they've been sick? Especially around someone who has an already low immune system??
    Soooo nervous :S
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Health Care Clinics?

As far as I know healthcare workers have a very strict code for hand hygiene so really don't think you have to worry about catching it from them!

I worry about that a lot myself everytime I have to go to the Dr for bloodwork or Rx refills, or even taking my hubby to the Dr for something non s* related. Thankfully I have never caught anything from going to a Drs office I didnt have before I went, so try to stay positive ^_^ We are here for you

I work as a phlebotomist drawing bllod in a clinic. In addition to washing my hands a million times a day I am always changing my gloves. you are safe!

Thanks everyone. I'll try and stay positive :-)
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."