Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone have chronic d*?

I've had chronic d* for awhile now and I am so frustrated. My therapist says its my nerves, my nutritionist says I have too much yeast in my bowels, i just dont know. I've gone totally gluten free and removed all dairy and processed foods from my diet. I'm two months into this diet with no relief. I'm debating going on anxiety meds to see if that might help? Seeing a GI doctor on thursday but I know my emet just can't handle the tests, i absolutely can't do a colonoscopy. =/ anyone gone through this before???

Default Re: Anyone have chronic d*?

Why can't you do a colonoscopy? It's a piece of cake! And it could see what the problem is and make you feel so much better!

The colonoscopy isn't as bad as you think...it actually the prep that is more than the exam itself but here's a little secret...there is a pill prep (ask about it say you have a hard time drinking all those liquids.)

As far as anesthesia and fear of nausea/vomiting, Propofol doesn't cause any of that....you definitely should see what the culprit of this is...has your GI mentioned Align to you?? It's a probiotic pill. Wonder if you need something like that...also Activia yogurt has the probiotics too....but again, discuss this with your doc, I am in no way a doctor just seeing what I see at our office.

Good luck!

I've had this problem and I just started taking probiotics about 3 weeks ago and I've noticed a huge difference. Before, I would get it so frequently that I could never go out to eat because I knew as soon as I ate it would go straight through me. Now since it's been about a month, I've had two separate occasions of d*. For me, that is an improvement! I also started taking fiber supplements to keep things regular too. You should try it out, it seems to be helping me.

i think the better question on this site is who DOES NOT have chronic d? not trying to make light, but we all do, and just wanted to try to make you smile. its so bad for me that d is actually my normal bm. seriously. but if its making you uncomfortable, i personally would try everything OTC that i could before a colonoscopy. add more fiber and water into your diet, try probiotics, peppermint pills (the ones that dissolve in your digestive tract not your stomach) and when you have exercised all those options then consider the latter. try something new for 2 weeks, if it doesnt work, move on. we all have such horrible digestive issues, kinda the irony in all this. sending you well wishes

I am not sure if i have chronic D** but i am diagnosed with IBS. The last few weeks i have way more lose BM's and D** which scares me. What kind of probiotics do you guys recomend? i have never taken any. There was a period where it seemed by IBS was non existent but the last month has been bad which is weird because about 2 months ago i started taking zoloft for anxiety which should help with some of the IBS stuff.. UGH!

i tried probiotics for a week and my stomach was such a wreck i had to stop taking them. this diarrhea is making me crazy and ruining my life. and i am sooooooo afraid to have a colonoscopy. the prep just would make me so stressed out

Try taking probiotic supplements. I had chronic diarrhea for 2 years and everyone told me it was my nerves, but a month or so after taking probiotic supplements it's gone. If I stop taking them for a few days it will come back, but I guess it just takes time for your body to rebuild a healthy bacterial balance. I use a brand called PB-8 and take one pill in the morning on and empty stomach and one before I go to bed at night.

I found some less intense probiotics and they seem to have calmed down my diarrhea...however now I'm having painful stomach cramps. I'm on week two of them and taking only half a pill. Anyone else experince this? I hope it's gas...ugh

I was terrified of my colonoscopy but it was FINE, I had an endoscopy at the same time! The prep is the worst part but there is no vomiting. You can ask for anti-emetics in your IV beforehand so that there's no risk of you being sick. I felt lovely after the procedure (obviously I went for ALL the drugs!).

I suffer from chronic d* and that's why I had the colonoscopy done... turns out there's quite a bit up (nothing too serious), so well worth the prep!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I have had IBS since middle school and it sucks but I have learned to live with it and know that its okay and its just how my body reacts to stuff or certain situations. Sulfites really irritate me like garlic and of course stress and worry make it act up I have cut out all dairy aside from some greek yogurt & cheese and feel so much better

The drugs I tried to "fix" IBS was worse than the IBS itself so, I just modified my diet a bit and with the Xanax for my GAD/panic for my emet. phobia its better. Its a work in progress for sure I really want to start some Probiotics tho, anyone recommend a certain brand, dose, or "type"?
    Jason Lives!! ^_^

Align probiotics are working for me