Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia Recovery System

Well, evidently nobody has tried this system to let me know how it works, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I just ordered it, the print version, so I have to wait for it to ship in the mail. I don't really have the money for it but there is a money back guarantee and I figured it would be the best investment in myself, if it works or at least brings me some relief. I will post about it when I get it and start using it. I am nervous about it, about it causing anxiety or panic attacks.

But I'm so ready to be done with the phobia and anxiety. It's been ruining my life lately. I can't even go to the bank and make a deposit-and I kind of need some money in there!!! I put extra burden on my husband to do things I can't and I don't want to do that. I'm tortured by whether to take a break from my cleaning job right now, want to but need the money, just can't decide and I know that's causing anxiety. I can't visit my friends right now because I'm so agoraphobic I can't go farther than about a mile or 2 from my house. I can't go to therapy 'cause I don't want to feel trapped in the office-will panic.

But since I've had more time lately I've been thinking a lot about my phobia and panic and anxiety. I've been thinking about the timeline of when the emet. started, when my panic attacks started, when I had anxiety about certain things. What I have found is that I've had anxiety as early as I can remember. I know my anxiety is hereditary and will have to deal with that, but I have to get to the bottom of the messages I'm sending to my subconscious about being sick. So I might take a notebook and write down all of the instances I can remember of being sick or someone else and write what I was feeling emotionally-this will be really difficult I know but I think it might be important.

So that's what I'm going to do. I'm afraid I will get too panicky doing this and give up. I'm experiencing some anxiety and nausea just talking about it right now. So we'll see.

Default Re: Emetophobia Recovery System

I've read through the program and it's solid stuff. Written by a layperson who's suffered an anxiety disorder himself. He now writes extensively about anxiety. Anyway, I do know that he'll honour the money-back guarantee. So if you don't find it helpful there should be no problem. Good luck with it!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

interested to see how you get on :-)

Good Luck! I am anxious to see if it helps you

How does it go?

On day 3 of going through the system and it seems to be sinking in. My husband listened with me to get a better understanding of what I experience. It helps to know that it can be explained to someone who doesn't experience emet or any other kind of anxiety.

I've just been reading through it so far, haven't done any of the exercises. I came across something though that I don't think I can do, encourage panic, as my main symptom of panic is severe nausea and I swear it will happen if I encourage it even more.

I, unfortunatley haven't told my husband about it because we don't have a lot of money and he doesn't know I bought it and he hates me buying stuff online. I wish I had him as a support person. He just tells me I need to get busy with other things and focus on other things. He doesn't get what a phobia like this can do. I wish he could understand a little better. I don't want to lie to him about the system but I wish I could have him on board.

Do you have any anti-emetic? Maybe take those before? I am not sure. Do you see a therapist? Try talking to them about it. I think I want to buy this and use it with my therapist.

I do have some anti-nausea meds. I take them sometimes before I eat. But, to be honest, sometimes it doesn't help anxiety provoked nausea. I wonder if it's something totally different so it doesn't help that...??? I do have a therapist but I've become so agoraphobic as of lately that I don't even want to sit in an office, would just feel too trapped. I think the system would be really good to use with a therapist. You should try it. A few people on here seem to be benefitting from it. I think I need to work on reducing my overall anxiety first then focus in on my phobia. I have been having more heightened sensitivies to smealls, sights, tastes, and sounds even that if they're gross they make me feel sick and panicky. I'm wondering if I need to go on an anti-depressant to help with my anxiety. I just feel like there's some things I can't control about it. We'll see.

I have anti-emetics as well and I agree that it doesn't always work on anxiety n*. I also take Lexapro. I used to take it and came off of it to try to become pregnant, but talked to my doctor (as my emet seemed to worsen when I was offically off of them) and I can go back on them. So, it is day 5 of going back onto it. I have been hearing about a few people that seem to like this program. I just need to work some more OT and I think I can afford it.

I tried Lexapro but it made me too nauseated & had to stop taking it. I wish I could find something that would help though. I guess I could try something and use my anti-nausea pills, that's why the doctor gave them to me.

This is what happened to me. My doc put me on 10mg and that was too much for my tummy to handle. So I cut it in half and took with food for two weeks and then upped it to 10mg ad made it fine.

Orchid - how's it fairing? I'm interested in purchasing the program as I largely consider myself comfortable with self-guided therapy. Do you fine the material to be helpful? Knowledgeable?

I've been trying my best to stay committed to this program. At first I felt like I was doing well. I could even encourage the anxiety once I calmed myself and had a good couple of days. Then, I think God wanted to push me further because I wasn't encouraging the anxiety well enough on my own. I started having a burning sensation under my right rib. Of course I got panicky. I tried to use the breathing techniques and I was trying to rationalize my thoughts. I did better than I have in the past with this type of thing, and I did eventually fall asleep. I went to the doctor and they think I have gallbladder issues. I'm trying to deal and get through my issues with the help of the ERS. It does help to listen to Rich's album to help ease myself. I'm just struggling to deal with this when I'm at work. Today I flushed red when two people were in my office and I got n*. I had to excuse myself, which was embarrassing, but I came back to my office with them there and I got through it. I came home, cried and luckily have a husband that listened to the ERS with me and is supportive. Right now I'm looking forward to eating after not doing so for a couple days...or not much anyway. I'm hoping I'll get through and I plan on listening to it tonight to get my focus back. I know this sounds like I'm back sliding, but I think I'm getting better compared to what I was like before.

ive seen this and dont know if its aby better than cbt.is it working??

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I actually got kind of anxious reading through the material so decided to take a break from it and try to reduce my overall anxiety. I want to listen to it again today maybe. I will read through it and see. I wanted to go through it and find excellent results and be able to post that it's a wonderful program. But I think different things work for different people. I do think the right therapist with the right treatment would work for someone. I just haven't found that for myself.

But, I did buy a small notebook to record my phobia and anxiety issues. Yesterday morning I got extrememly n*, so much so that I thought I was going to be sick several times-never was. I was miserable and scared and did my normal-trying to fight it. But I was alone, in my house and I kept kind of busy doing things to distract me. When I did have to go to the bathroom I just looked around at things & it was calming. I was ready, if it was going to happen, because I kind of thought there was no way out of it. I knew afterwards, I'd deal with the consequences. But it never happened. I don't think it helped my emet any because I would totally freak out if I was away from home or even if my husband was there. But I got through it ok and don't feel super depressed, other than the fact that I guess I have to cut out coffee now.

But I will work on the program and let you all know what I think. There's some cd's of leading psychologists that talk about some things so I may start back up with those.