Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Bullies

Default OT: Bullies

Hello everyone! I just wanted to know if any of you have had a problem with bullies at school? Lately I have had two girls that just keep ganging up on me for no reason. They laugh at everything I say, spread rumors about me, try to get other people to hate me and ridicule what I wear. It's just really getting on my nerves because I don't even hardly know them and they just do this every single day! Does anyone have a story to share about an experience with this? What should I do about it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: OT: Bullies

How old are you?
    I was always bullied in school. I'm sorry you have to go through it right now. If its really out of hand or you feel they might try to hurt you physically then let someone at school know. a counselor or something. Other than that I would say don't pay attention to them. as crazy as that sounds. because Usually they're looking for attention. you said so yourself you don't even know them. they're obviously attention seeking or jealous of you.
    I remember getting picked on from people that didn't even know me. it was so annoying. I would just keep doing my thing though.
    I hope they stop bothering you. Keep your head high.
    My biggest fear isn't Emetophobia. . . It is my mind.

I got bullied at school - it put my self esteem so low that i ended up in eating disorder units on and off for 7 years. I have learnt that i should have held my head up high - i knew who i was, i knew the rumours were not true and anyone who was actually worth bothering about knew that too.
    My daughter gets bullied a lot, shes 7 and it breaks my heart - people can be so cruel no matter what age

Thank you for your stories and advice It really helps

Hey sweety.. your story really brought tears to these eyes. I hate that young people especially have to put up with this. It's as I told another poster, try to see the situation for what it is and those people for what they are. Just that bullies. They must think pretty low of themselves to have to take it out on someone else that way, and aren't you glad you're not them? Aren't you glad you're not stooping to the level of dirt it takes to treat others so horribly?

I was bullied something fierce in school. People threw things at me, pushed me down stairs, even teachers talked bad about me! They called me ugly constantly. The boy I liked called me ugly and that really hurt deep inside. My science teacher once told me to stop combing my hair because it would do me no good... now that is unprofessional, even if it were just a joke. Kids tripped me, oh they threw food, they pulled my hair, even pulled my pants down in front of the class. I felt no freedom to roam, especially in junior high school.

But I am thankful and blessed by one thing honey.. and that's that I didn't grow to be like them. I only wish them the best in life.. I am glad I didn't bully others. That wouldn't make me a very lovable person now would it? Whoever these two girls are, they must have some troubles of their own to be like this. Hang in there as these younger days go so fast! Just hang tough and don't give them the reaction they want. Also if you can try to find someone who you can talk to about this, to maybe help keep your head leveled.
    Life is so worth living.

I'm so sorry to hear this.. People can be truly horrible I think one of the things my mom told me growing up that helped was that "hurting people hurt people".. They clearly need to feel better about themselves, and so are doing it in a horrible way.. And it's so not right. But what you can do is hold your head high, and remember that what matters is what you KNOW about yourself. Not what they say. If it gets really bad, I agree with letting the proper authority figures know. It just breaks my heart to hear about how some people were bullied.. It's terrible. I had some bullying when I was young, but also had some good friends.. and they helped me see that what these girls were doing was because they have such low self esteem that they need to try to bash other people to feel better about themselves.

Not that it seems that way right now, but I agree with sdfl... this will fly by and these tough years will be in the past! Do you have anyone you can talk to about this?

I remember being bullied all through my senior school years, & I couldn`t wait to leave school because of it. I was called fat, & ugly was another favourite ( they clearly had no imagination!) They strange thing about the bullies was that they were very unnatractive themselves & had no business calling anyone ugly. They were quite pathetic really.