Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Xanax?

Default Xanax?

So, I just went to the doctor today and told them how bad my phobia was, and until summer when I can actually have time to go talk to someone, they put me on Xanax.
    I think it will help, but before I take it, does anyone know what the chances of me v* or being n* from this? My doc says it is a small dose of it. I'm only going to take it as needed anyway. Just wondering about the chances. Thanks.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Xanax?

I have taken Xanax many times for anxiety (especially just before a flight). I've never had n* or v* from it. In fact, it usually gives me a huge appetite! Maybe because it decreases my anxiety about food poisoning, i dunno. Be careful, it can be addicting if used improperly.

I've taken it no n or v. Didn't really work on me though I like Ativan much better.

I've never felt n* from xanax. It was the only thing that kept me from panic attacks at one point in my life. Just be careful.. it is addictive and difficult to quit once taken long-term. And people do try to steal it because of that, so don't advertise that you take it. I hope it helps you!

Xanax actually made n* go away especially when I was panicking about it. It takes a little time to kick in but when it does you feel fantastic! I have been taking it for a year and even my first time taking i, it felt like a godsend!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I am getting on a plane in a month. I am super scared that I will v* on the plane :/ Any precautions I should know abouT? I take Xanax and know I will be taking it for the trip but I am not sure how well I will be able to handle all the people on the plane, because I do have Clausterphobia as well and people tend to mak me nervous. :/
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~